Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newly Employed

Congrats! I too just started a new job after a four month sabbatical. Trust me what I went through this past summer is something I hope no one else goes through.

So beers to people who have jobs!
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Actually, the family of Titans continue to have good news. My mother was released from her job due to the school system not wanting to pay her her salary anymore. Jerks.

Yesterday she was offered a position that would be part time but pay pretty well. Shes incredibly excited and is exactly what she wants.

Congrats to everyone.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I heart personal success stories. (And I feel your pain DC.) Cheers to the good news - and cheers to those hoping for good news...!
    It's winning time.

Congrats Titan. I always knew you were borderline employable. A couple of tips:

Your first day, storm into your bosses' office and demand a raise. Bosses are always looking for employees who take initiative.

If they deny your demand for a pay raise, mercilessly insult your superior's family and/or religious beliefs. Upper management usually has a keen eye for spotting employees who stand for what they believe in.

Congrats big guy! I also agree with MOR, don't shave the beard, no matter what!
    "He's just saying that because he loses every year. If I got my butt kicked, I'd say the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by xuab View Post
    Sorry Titan...I'm going to hone in too. I got offered a promotion at work today!

Good news all around XH today!
    If this promotion will gobble up your time during the Chris Mack Show, I am going to need to speak with your new boss....

He/She needs to understand the value you have here on the board.

Nice work, hope it works out well for you!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Yep. I was just offered a position within the company I already work for, moving from lowly peon to actual management!
    I feel for the people you get to manage. May God have mercy on their souls.

Long live the Beard!
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by XULucho27 View Post
    Congrats Titan. I always knew you were borderline employable. A couple of tips:

Your first day, storm into your bosses' office and demand a raise. Bosses are always looking for employees who take initiative.

If they deny your demand for a pay raise, mercilessly insult your superior's family and/or religious beliefs. Upper management usually has a keen eye for spotting employees who stand for what they believe in.

Congrats big guy! I also agree with MOR, don't shave the beard, no matter what!
    See, I knew that you were worth something. If I get fired for anything, you think you could represent me to sue said company for all it's worth? Figured I could cut you in a bit. :D

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I feel for the people you get to manage. May God have mercy on their souls.

Long live the Beard!
    Two of my friends there want to transfer to my new location. I had to laugh and inform them as much fun as that would be, they'd still have to do what I told them without MUCH complaint.

They have thus rescinded their requests.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

See, I knew that you were worth something. If I get fired for anything, you think you could represent me to sue said company for all it's worth? Figured I could cut you in a bit. :D
    Two of my friends there want to transfer to my new location. I had to laugh and inform them as much fun as that would be, they'd still have to do what I told them without MUCH complaint.
    They have thus rescinded their requests.
    Can't trust them damn pole dancers.
    2023 Sweet 16

I have to chime in. After over 11 years of dealing with adult felons, I will be leaving my county probation officer job and will be heading for the private sector for a lot more money, better hours, and no more GD ties. Looking forward to a new chapter and a check that actually seems about right.
    Zip'em Up!

Actually, the family of Titans continue to have good news. My mother was released from her job due to the school system not wanting to pay her her salary anymore. Jerks.

Yesterday she was offered a position that would be part time but pay pretty well. Shes incredibly excited and is exactly what she wants.

Congrats to everyone.
    Titan has balls of steel. Who in their right mind would post on this board about their mom getting a job? That one is just teed up too high to hit.

I'm hoping this thread is a sign of a rebounding economy. Promotions all around, I say!
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick