Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Walk-On
    Looks like LaRussa wasn't the only one complaining. Carpenter got involved too.

"Unfortunately, the complaining didn't end there. Starting pitcher Chris Carpenter, who always finds himself somewhere nearby these controversies, also accused Brewers base runners of relaying signs from second base to hitters during their five-run fifth inning outburst."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp14755

And LaRussa complained about what Brewer fans said to him as well:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...heckling-fans/

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa says a fan told him he hoped he would get shingles again and that others took insults too far in St. Louis’ 8-7, 11-inning victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday night.

La Russa appeared to briefly engage in some banter after the game, and called the fans “idiots” in his comments after a game in which Albert Pujols was hit with a high pitch in the seventh inning and Brewers star Ryan Braun was plunked in Milwaukee’s next at-bat.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post

By the way, weren't the Reds supposed to be running away with this division by now? How awesome does Brandon Phillips' walk-off glory trot around the bases feel now that you are basically the forgotten team in the NL Central race? Maybe the Cardinals have a couple whiners on their team, but I'd much rather root for a team that is a part of the division race year-in and year-out, and when we realize it, we go and make some deals at the deadline. What did the Reds do this year to try to get better for the final stretch? Nothing. Seriously, the Pirates even acted more like they knew what they were doing at this time of year more than the Reds did. Enjoy being such a "respectable" organization while you slip out of the race this year and go back to the cellar of the division where you are comfortable again.
    You mean like trade Ryan Ludwig last year, and go from leading the divison to 5 games back? Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. I don't think a Ramon Hernandez and Homer Bailey for Michael Bourn trade would mean anything to the 6.5 games the Reds needed at that time. I also have no idea who thought the Reds would run away with the division...I saw them predicted anywhere from first to fourth...which is pretty spot on. They may not repeat as champs...but I really like how they are set up for continued success....I'm not sure I'd feel the same about a team who'se best player this year was Lance Berkman.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyxu View Post

By the way, weren't the Reds supposed to be running away with this division by now? How awesome does Brandon Phillips' walk-off glory trot around the bases feel now that you are basically the forgotten team in the NL Central race? Maybe the Cardinals have a couple whiners on their team, but I'd much rather root for a team that is a part of the division race year-in and year-out, and when we realize it, we go and make some deals at the deadline. What did the Reds do this year to try to get better for the final stretch? Nothing. Seriously, the Pirates even acted more like they knew what they were doing at this time of year more than the Reds did. Enjoy being such a "respectable" organization while you slip out of the race this year and go back to the cellar of the division where you are comfortable again.
    And the Reds are relevant to the whiny baby Cardinals how? And you are actually going to defend their behavior because they win? The Cardinals are the most hated team in the league because of their bush league players and their bush league manager. At least man up and admit you were throwing at Braun, because the only people who believe you weren't throwing at him are your true-believer fans.

It's a shame one of the best baseball towns around has a bunch of babies who would rather complain about lighting, signals possibly being stolen and the height of the mound instead of just going out an playing ball. A true professional franchise - yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    At least man up and admit you were throwing at Braun, because the only people who believe you weren't throwing at him are your true-believer fans.
    Everyone knows we threw at Braun. The problem is Motte shouldn't have thrown at him twice. Read link to get a really good understanding on the throwing last night.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    Everyone knows we threw at Braun. The problem is Motte shouldn't have thrown at him twice. Read link to get a really good understanding on the throwing last night.
    I prefer these links, to get a really good understanding on the bitching last night.

I love the rant on the broadcast crew-http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/126704128.html

I also love the rant by Molina...did he really spit on an ump? Oh yes he di-id-http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_17599219&v=3

Honestly, St. Louis has more bitch than the 101 Dalmations. How you even defend them is getting more and more amusing

Why don't the fans of the Pirates, Astros, Cubs, Phillies, Braves, Marlins, Nationals, Mets, Giants, Padres, Diamondbacks, Rockies and Dodgers complain and bitch about the Cardinals? What is it that drives the fans of the Reds and Brewers to complain and bitch as much as they do? I'm truly curious because it's reaching epic proportions.

Junior
    Why don't the fans of the Pirates, Astros, Cubs, Phillies, Braves, Marlins, Nationals, Mets, Giants, Padres, Diamondbacks, Rockies and Dodgers complain and bitch about the Cardinals? What is it that drives the fans of the Reds and Brewers to complain and bitch as much as they do? I'm truly curious because it's reaching epic proportions.
    We're too busy being drunk...

Sophomore
    It seems to me they cry when they can't win...and the Brewers and Reds are the ones they are ones beating them the last two years...I'm sure fans of other teams notice, they probably just don't care because they don't play them as often..they are able to ignore the annoyance. But it's not like it's not national news...here's USA today...which includes..well, really everyone.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...s-ryan-braun/1

I'm curious too though, what is it that drives the players and manager of the Cardinals to complain and bitch as much as they do? I'm truely curious becaus it passed epic proportions about 50,000 miles ago, and is coming up on Women Constantly on her Periodville.
    Last edited by Muskied; 08-03-2011 at 03:17 PM.

After todays Milwaukee beating the Cardinals are much closer to the Reds than the Brewers. The Cardinals falling almost as fast as the Pirates. bitch, bitch, whine, whine