Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thats all you got?

You guys are 5-6 games out of first. You'd think you would have enough sense to not show your faces, for fear of the inevitable slapdown.

Let me remind you of a few facts.

The Reds were in the playoff in 1995. Then they waited FIFTEEN years to get back to the playoff last year and promptly got no-hit in the first game, and swept. Nice showing.

That makes 7 consecutive playoff losses. Overall since 1995, the Reds have a 3-7 Playoff record.

Over that same 15 year period, the Cardinals had EIGHT playoff appearances, including 2 Worlds Series appearances and of course, A RING.

A few other tidbits for ya...

Reds and Cardinals professional records go all the way back to 1882.

All Time Wins: Reds 9915, Cardinals 10107

Better Records in Same Season: Reds 58 times, Cardinals 71 times

Central Division Titles: Reds 2, Cards 8

Playoff Appearances: Reds 13, Cardinals 23

Pennants: Reds 9, Cardinals 17

World Series Wins: Reds 5, Cardinals 10

Home attandance: Reds 123 Million, Cards 149 Million

Players / Managers banned for life: Reds 1, Cards 0

A pretty good list of all the times LaRussa has bitched and moaned like a little girl:

http://thebrewersbar.com/2011-articl...omplaints.html

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Thats all you got?

You guys are 5-6 games out of first. You'd think you would have enough sense to not show your faces, for fear of the inevitable slapdown.

The Reds were in the playoff in 1995. Then they waited FIFTEEN years to get back to the playoff last year and promptly got no-hit in the first game, and swept. Nice showing.

That makes 7 consecutive playoff losses. Overall since 1995, the Reds have a 3-7 Playoff record.

Over that same 15 year period, the Cardinals had EIGHT playoff appearances, including 2 Worlds Series appearances and of course, A RING.

That's a really impressive list, and would be relevant under the thread "Cardinals franchise is worse than the Reds" However, it doesn't change the fact that yes, the St. Louis Cardinals Bitch and Whine more than a troop of Beverly Hills Girlscouts at a Camp Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm not sure why I think this is funny or if it makes me a racist to think this is funny, but I did in fact laugh when I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I read that thread. I seriously can't believe that you Cardinals fans defend this.

As a Xavier fan, if Coach Mack carried on or treated people like LaRussa does, I would be embarrassed. If Tu Holloway stared down or called out his teammates on the court for missing a shot the way that Carpenter does when one if his fielders bobbles a ball, I would be mortified.

The Reds and their fans may be brash and a little over-excited about their team when playing well, and we may not have a whole lot of recent history to back that up, but the team carries themselves with a ton more class than the Cardinals do. I have NEVER heard our manager or players blame anyone but themselves when they don't do their job. With the Cardinals, it's the lighting, or the field, or the smoke after the fireworks, or the baseballs not being rubbed up right.

There's always an excuse. I can't believe that doesn't embarass you as a fan of that team.
    This is pretty spot on. I don't understand the endorsment of that kind of behavior, especially out of Molina. For those who watched, me was making deliberate contact with the umpire over a call that was in most people's eyes not too poor of a call. I have never seen such immature or disrespectful actions taken by a baseball player--and endorsing it and rooting for those kind of players not only embaresses your team, but embaresses the entire game that all of us love.
    Long Live the X.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    This is pretty spot on. I don't understand the endorsment of that kind of behavior, especially out of Molina. For those who watched, me was making deliberate contact with the umpire over a call that was in most people's eyes not too poor of a call. I have never seen such immature or disrespectful actions taken by a baseball player--and endorsing it and rooting for those kind of players not only embaresses your team, but embaresses the entire game that all of us love.
    Not to mention Theriot in the series a couple of weeks back against the Reds, bumping two umpires and screaming his head off over a call that was clearly the correct one. No other team in baseball, let alone the Reds, acts like that.

Yes, the Cardinals and their fans are the "classiest organization in baseball".

Whatever.

How is Chris Carpenter going to explain Molina's actions to his son?

Quote Originally Posted by xnatic03 View Post
    How is Chris Carpenter going to explain Molina's actions to his son?
    Easy. The ump had called that pitch a ball the entire game (I watched it, so I know), at an important time in the game, he called it strike 3, and Yadi is an emotional player and got upset about it. Players yell at the umps and get ejected all the time, and as he was yelling, he accidentally spit while he was talking and it caught the ump a little bit. It was nothing like Roberto Alomar, it was incidental. No big deal.

(I know that's not exactly what you were going for, but that's the answer I'm going with)

As for the lighting, it does sound whiny. I'm not gonna lie. But the Cardinals are not the first team to complain about it (I don't know who the others were but there have been previous complaints). That would be a really easy way to create an "artificial" home field advantage, though, and perhaps there was an issue worth checking into. There have been NFL teams that have gotten in trouble for pumping artificial noise into the stadium while the away team is on offense, so why isn't it possible that a baseball team is trying to create a similar unfair advantage? Just sayin'.

By the way, weren't the Reds supposed to be running away with this division by now? How awesome does Brandon Phillips' walk-off glory trot around the bases feel now that you are basically the forgotten team in the NL Central race? Maybe the Cardinals have a couple whiners on their team, but I'd much rather root for a team that is a part of the division race year-in and year-out, and when we realize it, we go and make some deals at the deadline. What did the Reds do this year to try to get better for the final stretch? Nothing. Seriously, the Pirates even acted more like they knew what they were doing at this time of year more than the Reds did. Enjoy being such a "respectable" organization while you slip out of the race this year and go back to the cellar of the division where you are comfortable again.
    AMDG

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Thats all you got?

Relevant how?