Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I got a Jason Blasinggame interview.

Scroll down.
    Beat Butler

New Scout.com rankings released on Semaj was one of the biggest movers becoming a 5 star and going from #57 up to #23

Good stuff:

"When looking at the top 25, the player who made the biggest rise up the charts was Semaj Christon. Now reaching five-star status, Christon is an athletic 6-foot-2 point guard who has led Wolfeboro (NH) Brewster Academy to an undefeated season so far.

Christon, who is headed to Xavier next year, translated his strong summer on the AAU circuit to the prep school ranks seamlessly with his combination of size, passing ability, athleticism, and elite speed baseline-to-baseline. "

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Good stuff:

"When looking at the top 25, the player who made the biggest rise up the charts was Semaj Christon. Now reaching five-star status, Christon is an athletic 6-foot-2 point guard who has led Wolfeboro (NH) Brewster Academy to an undefeated season so far.

Christon, who is headed to Xavier next year, translated his strong summer on the AAU circuit to the prep school ranks seamlessly with his combination of size, passing ability, athleticism, and elite speed baseline-to-baseline. "
    Shows some respect for where X is as a program as well. Can't think of a recruit that went up that much after choosing X. I thin Wells went up a littl eand he had some good pub but tradiitonally they always drop a few rungs after saying they are heade to a "lesser" school like X.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    Shows some respect for where X is as a program as well. Can't think of a recruit that went up that much after choosing X. I thin Wells went up a littl eand he had some good pub but tradiitonally they always drop a few rungs after saying they are heade to a "lesser" school like X.
    Those days are becoming things of the past.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I also see that Semaj is now rated above DSR in Scout's new rankings. Who knew?
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I also see that Semaj is now rated above DSR in Scout's new rankings. Who knew?
    Chris Mack maybe?

Congrats to Semaj.

I never got the hype on DSR. Can't say I knew Semaj was better though. I'd never even heard of him until shortly before he committed.

Junior
    Not to be a negative-nancy, but does going to prep school show that a player's overall upside is limited? Is he #23 among college-freshmen-to-be next year? That would make sense that he rose -- he's a year older than a good portion of others on the list.

Edit: of course, there's an advantage to teams like XU going after older players -- they're more developed, more mature.