Possible move to Lexington

The little lady's company wants to move her to Lexington. No ultimatums yet, but they see this being a good move for their company. Luckily they are giving her time to think it over.

We are weighing pros and cons since sticking with her job would mean I'd have to leave mine and we'd have to sell our fixer-upper of a house. She's been with the same company for 25 years. I started with my company this year. So, the security is with her job even if they want her to move. But family, culture, and of course my beloved college hoops teams are in Cincinnati.

Not really against Lexington, but fear there might not be much opportunity for me in this market. Does anyone here know Lexington well?

I'm a PR/marketing consultant. I had been working on my own for a few years, but a client convinced me to come on board full time. Fine either way as long as the work is there to keep me moving. I'd love to get someone's take on the job market there.

I've heard great things about Lexington. Definitely a nice area.

I knew someone who would commute from a little north of Lexington to Cincy. Definitely long, but doable.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 07-22-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

If you move somewhere about halfway between the two you should both be able to keep your jobs. I mean its Lexington, not South Carolina.

xu95

Become a UK fan or prepare to be miserable.

I had thought about moving half way. But you start to add up the miles and cost of gas, plus time on the road... it's not worth it. And I'm a very urban person. I'm in Downtown or OTR about 3 or 4 nights a week, especially during the Summer. I don't think I could be happy living in an area like Crittenden, just so I could hold on to my job. I'd have to stop doing everything else I do.

We probably will have to commute somehow until I can find a new job. Or if my employer decides to open a Lexington office, which ain't likely to happen.

RE: UK... I've never really felt the need to root against them, but I've never been drawn towards being a fan either. But I really know little of UK as an institution and it might be a great place to be around, other than the nutso sports fans. I never got into OSU for the same reason.