Page 453 of 520 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 5194

"I think it's really the shifting legal environment, the economic environment, the political environment, all of that, that creates this opportunity in a lot of ways to stop and erase the blackboard and draw a new chart again," Emmert said.

They could start a move toward modernizing by getting a damn dry erase board.

Last edited by UCGRAD4X; 07-31-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

IMO these conferences will eventually start their own league and get away from the NCAA. At least in football and then other sports to follow.
    Balls of Steele!!

This thread is over ten years old....
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    This thread is over ten years old....
    Like good music, the classics never die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There are certainly a number of options out there. A Pac 12 / Big 12 "alliance" makes almost no sense to me as a good option.

There are 5 major football conferences out there. Imagine this was a business (which it is). One of the 5 business just received a potentially fatal blow. You are the owner of one of the 4 remaining businesses.

would you (pick one)
    a) come to the aid of the fallen competitor? (alliance)
    b) Rob the SOB while he's dying in the alley? (take a couple teams)
    c) do nothing and watch as the "big 5" becomes the "big 4."

There are maybe 1 or 2 decent football brands left in the B12. If the vultures pick those off, then the rest have almost nothing to offer. If I'm the Pac12, I'm in vulture mode right now. Grab a couple schools that allow you to expand into an adjacent geography, and then let the rest of the teams just wither away.

Out of the remaining 8 teams in the B12, I assume 6 of them would take the strategy of "lets all stick together" (meaning all 8), while the 2 decent brands probably are thinking "lets dump the dead weight" and get out safely.

And, if the B10 comes snooping around and drives more uncertainly about the 8 being able to stick together...then watch out.

OR, if the ACC decides to make a move to expand and tried to poach from the SEC or B10, then it's all gonna crumble too.

My guess is that he B12 and Pac12 HAVE discussed an alliance (honestly, the Pac 12 should at least listen), BUT that the story was leaked by the B12 in an effort to "sell" this as a viable option that is gaining traction.

"Maybe your fan base would rather lose to Alabama than TCU"

https://twitter.com/UnnecRoughness/s...00776153718786
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    There are certainly a number of options out there. A Pac 12 / Big 12 "alliance" makes almost no sense to me as a good option.

There are 5 major football conferences out there. Imagine this was a business (which it is). One of the 5 business just received a potentially fatal blow. You are the owner of one of the 4 remaining businesses.

would you (pick one)
    a) come to the aid of the fallen competitor? (alliance)
    b) Rob the SOB while he's dying in the alley? (take a couple teams)
    c) do nothing and watch as the "big 5" becomes the "big 4."

There are maybe 1 or 2 decent football brands left in the B12. If the vultures pick those off, then the rest have almost nothing to offer. If I'm the Pac12, I'm in vulture mode right now. Grab a couple schools that allow you to expand into an adjacent geography, and then let the rest of the teams just wither away.

Out of the remaining 8 teams in the B12, I assume 6 of them would take the strategy of "lets all stick together" (meaning all 8), while the 2 decent brands probably are thinking "lets dump the dead weight" and get out safely.

And, if the B10 comes snooping around and drives more uncertainly about the 8 being able to stick together...then watch out.

OR, if the ACC decides to make a move to expand and tried to poach from the SEC or B10, then it's all gonna crumble too.

My guess is that he B12 and Pac12 HAVE discussed an alliance (honestly, the Pac 12 should at least listen), BUT that the story was leaked by the B12 in an effort to "sell" this as a viable option that is gaining traction.
    The ACC is in no - ZERO - position to poach from the SEC or the B1G. Otherwise, more popcorn, please. This will continue to be interesting to witness.
    X A V I E R

I get the notion of “thinking big”.

But, thinking realistically isn’t a bad idea either:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ec/5484944001/

The B1G? They should be putting zero effort into that idea.

The ACC isn’t realistic for them.

IMO, they simply think too highly of themselves.

I think they’ll come out of this better than where they stand now, but while still not making it to the promised land.
    X A V I E R