Page 448 of 520 FirstFirst ... 348398438446447448449450458498 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 5194
    Junior
    I thought LBSU's mascot was "The Beach"...
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I thought LBSU's mascot was "The Beach"...
    I think "the Beach" is how they now refer to their teams. I just read somewhere that the 49er name has been phased out the last 5 years. The mascot itself is now a shark.

Prospector Pete is apparently a symbol of genocide to the LBSU students and administration.

So the San Francisco 49ers are likely to change names before the Redskins, Indians, Chiefs and Braves? That would be something.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think "the Beach" is how they now refer to their teams. I just read somewhere that the 49er name has been phased out the last 5 years. The mascot itself is now a shark.

Prospector Pete is apparently a symbol of genocide to the LBSU students and administration.
    LBSU was founded in 1949 - the mascot was intended to commemorate the opening of the university more so than the Forty-Niners a century earlier. Charlotte also calls themselves the 49ers because their university was saved from the chopping block back in 1949.

Hoping LBSU stays the dirtbags on the diamond!
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Then they can move UC to the Big 12 so we can all stop listening to them complain about it - of course, if Oklahoma and Texas leave, is it even the Big 12 anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Then they can move UC to the Big 12 so we can all stop listening to them complain about it - of course, if Oklahoma and Texas leave, is it even the Big 12 anymore?
    Uhm, NO!
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    As a Missouri Fan whose team was held hostage by Texas during the Big 12 days, the SEC should tell Texas to F off.

well, here we go again. If you subtract Texas and OK from the Big 12, they really have ZERO big brand name programs left in the conference. I mean Ok State is occasionally decent, and the rest of the teams have 1 or 2 good years every decade....but all in all the Big 12 would look very mid-major in Football.

if this happens, follow on moves will occur to shore up B12 football, and this would surely trickle down to basketball.

Thinking the BE is entirely insulated from this wave of realignment, but the overall BBall landscape may change around us.