Page 347 of 524 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5240
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think Rutgers had 52,000.

BTW, they were vast swaths of empty seats in Athens last week for Georgia/Georgia Tech. And that was an in-state rivalry with Georgia playing to keep its national championship hopes alive. Again, the attendance/interest issues aren't exactly unique to current Big East members.
    Rutgers announce 52,700. Stadium capacity is 52,400. People must have been jammed up in the lower decks.

For UGA, student seating is sold to students and cannot be transferred to others. During Thanksgiving, most schools see a huge drop in student attendance when the game doesn't get the students' attention. The game was to keep UGA in the national title run, but no one really believed that GT was going to put up much of a fight, and they didn't.

Louisville is a much better sports school than Rutgers. The Big Ten wants the NYC area, but if Rutgers sucks in B1G play, the NYC crowd won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by outsideobserver11 View Post
    hmm...now that Louisville is off the table, UC to the Big 12 is starting to gain some legs again since the Big 12 wants in this market and thought they had Louisville on the back burner.
    My opinion on this is that the Big 12 could have had Louisville at any point in the last year. Louisville was begging them for an invite and they didn't get it. If UL didn't get an invite I don't see how UC will get an invite especially with potential teams like Clemson, FSU, BYU, Miami, etc in the mix
    Live Action

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    To me, a list of wins is not necessarily the same as a list of the most successfull teams of all time. Below, people mention that FSU didn't have a team until 1947, so right there Harvard had a 47 year head start. But Bowden arrived in 1976 apparently, and he's got 300+ wins (not sure where he was prior to FSU and how many wins he had when he got there). Anyway, interesting list but just misses the mark a little bit. Florida is one spot above Miami (OH)...
    I don't disgaree, but I think the initial comment of the Big XII having 2 of the top 7 was in reference to all-time wins.

Also, however you want to measure "all-time" success, I don't see the top 10 including the Florida schools. there was a lot of football played before 80s.
    Last edited by SM#24; 11-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.

A couple of my personal favorite college football attendance pics from this season:

Kentucky to the Big East?

A couple of my personal favorite college football attendance pics from this season:

Nothing but respect for that poor fella. He bought a ticket for that seat, so he is going to sit in it!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes37 View Post
    My opinion on this is that the Big 12 could have had Louisville at any point in the last year. Louisville was begging them for an invite and they didn't get it. If UL didn't get an invite I don't see how UC will get an invite especially with potential teams like Clemson, FSU, BYU, Miami, etc in the mix
    I Agree.

My first reaction to the last number of threads - especially your threads - is that the rumors about GTech to the B1G appear to be coming from so many different places that they must have some validity. I never really bought into the "island" problem. We have things called airplanes now that travel more quickly than stagecoaches and trains; who cares, particularly in this crazy athletic arms race if one member of a midwestern league (now + mid-Atlantic) comes from the South, especially when another southern school will probably be following them. Besides, adding the Atlanta market would be huge for the B1G.

With UL going to the ACC - that feels like transferring from the Lusitania to the Titanic to me right now - and assuming GTech to the B1G becomes true, I would think the flood gates at that point would only be held up by a crumbling Maryland exit fee.
    X A V I E R

...and yet they beat a team that is probably going to play in a BCS Bowl by 33 pts. Imagine if GT beats FSU, and they pit GT vs Kent State in The Orange Bowl.

UK fans went out of the way to get Barnett's attention. I haven't read any fan reaction to Mark Stoops' hire, but they have got to be underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    This thread has had 155,000 views.
    I wonder if that is some sort of a record?
    Tweets Ya Gotta Love has more than 400,000 views.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    So, if GTech and another soon to be named school exit the ACC, guess who's gonna get bailed out in this whole thing?

Probably SucKS! Dammit!!! They don't have the money to play, though.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...NEWS/311300027

That and Xavier's situation are the only two things I really care about through this whole messy maze.
    I want UC to get screwed in this whole thing but best case for UC is they end up in the the new ACC which by the time UC is added will be the BE from 2005. UC will never be a major player in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    With UL going to the ACC - that feels like transferring from the Lusitania to the Titanic to me right now - and assuming GTech to the B1G becomes true, I would think the flood gates at that point would only be held up by a crumbling Maryland exit fee.
    Do you think the UL looked down the road, and decided that the best basketball in the country might be played in the new ACC and that's not a bad place to land? I guess that's probably dumb because of all the $ in football, so it probably makes more sense that the Big 12 told them they were never going to be a candidate, so they just left the ugliness that is Bigeast football.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.