Page 457 of 457 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457
Results 4,561 to 4,565 of 4565
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    USC fires their coach and the first option named is Luke Fickell. Uh-oh UC fan................
    Maybe. Mike Bohn has hired him once already.

I kinda get the sense that Fickell won't be interested. Florida State and Auburn didn't seem to interest him that much. I think he's kind of wanting to stay in the Big Ten/Big Twelve midwest footprint. But, then again....Mike Bohn is USC's AD.

Also, if James Franklin takes the USC job, then I could see Fickell being VERY interested in Penn State.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Hmmm....

How does everyone suppose a 16 team SEC will work??

2 divisions of 8, 7 division games and 1 or 2 crossover games with one of the games being a protected series that's played every year??

If that's the case, who goes to the East?? This was an issue last time. In order to preserve tradition and rivalry, they sent Missouri to the East even though they are the western-most team. It wouldn't shock me at all if they decided to put Oklahoma in the East, and have the Oklahoma v Texas game be the protected crossover series. Alabama v Auburn, Ole Miss v Miss State, and Arkansas v LSU just have too many historic rivalries that would be split up if one of those teams moved to the East. So....I'm betting it ends up being Oklahoma. In the East. Even though they're way out West.

I bet they also move to 9 games. Which would probably mean one fewer home games for eveyrone every two years. A lot of schools aren't going to like that one either. The only way that would be avoided is if they just decided to never play OOC road games. Ever.

I'm not saying it's bad that the SEC added Oklahoma and Texas. What I am saying is that a lot of people in SEC country who were all for this probably haven't thought it through all the way. I'll also say that...well...that makes me kinda happy!!! When it comes to SECism, I just don't feel bad when things happen that they don't like.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-14-2021 at 12:53 PM.

I'd like to see this makeup:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The problem some in the SEC will have with this is that either LSU v Auburn or LSU v Alabama would have to go. I don't think that'll happen. Ole Miss and Mississippi State wouldn't want this alignment either since both consider Alabama as a rival. No one else does, including Alabama, but the two of them do and I'm assuming they both get a vote.

When it comes to the protected "crossover" rivalries, I think all seven will stay exactly the same, and the 8th one will be Texas v Oklahoma.

As for basketball, I'm guessing they'll do a wheel like what the ACC has done at times?? That would give them 18 games. A wheel is playing home and homes with the teams above you and below you, plus one other game. I don't know if this would be exactly what it would look like, but it'd be close. And it would give us that much anticipated Vandy v Ole Miss game every year!!!

Vanderbilt
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Georgia
    Auburn
    Alabama
    LSU
    Arkansas
    Missouri
    Oklahoma