Page 459 of 520 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 5194
    The Colonial has stated that if James Madison announces they are leaving for the Sun Belt they will not be allowed to participate in any conference championships this year, including men's and women's basketball.

The CAA did this to Richmond when they jumped into the A10, and that Richmond team that didn't get to play was actually pretty good. They also did it to Georgia State.

Strangely enough, they didn't do it to VCU. Either VCU announced they were leaving for the A10 after the season ended, or the CAA just decided that VCU was good enough to earn more than just the one unit from the NCAA Tournament, and wanted the extra money.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Loyola Chicago to the A10.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Wichita State should join them. They are just some Presidents with a backbone away from kicking out Fordham, Duquesne and LaSalle and having a pretty good little league.

So.....same thing they've been for the last 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Wichita State should join them. They are just some Presidents with a backbone away from kicking out Fordham, Duquesne and LaSalle and having a pretty good little league.

If Wichita would join, they'd at least have a balanced 16 teams. (and you could watch A10 basketball again in your backyard)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Just what VD needed: another Jesuit school thumping their ass every year.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Just what VD needed: another Jesuit school thumping their ass every year.
    Correct
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

All 3 of those schools are legacy proof of the incompetence of one Linda Blutarsky. There were already 2 schools in Philly. Zero reason for a 3rd. Fordham still plays in the oldest and still one of the worst gyms in college basketball and had no upgrade provisions required of them to join. Duquesne is barely known even in their hometown. If anybody there is a college fan they follow Pitt.
    It was expansion for expansion sake and the entry fees. Subtraction by addition and every one of those schools- except for a once in a million years season from LaSalle under Dr. John, have been takers rather than contributors. They still suck hard today after 25 years.
    It still kills me that those cretins stole so much money that Xavier worked so hard to contribute.
    Damn I’m glad we got the hell out of there.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Interesting…is the a10 that much better than the valley money wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Interesting…is the a10 that much better than the valley money wise?
    No. They both have crappy deals. The A10 does make a little more, but part of it includes a network that puts them on a channel that will soon no longer exist. I guess they'll be playing on the USA Network. I think that's the plan??

I still think the quality programs in the A10 should just leave and do their own thing, and hook up with some other programs that currently play in smaller leagues, but where basketball is a priority. But...I also don't care anymore.
    Last edited by xubrew; 11-16-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No. They both have crappy deals. The A10 does make a little more, but part of it includes a network that puts them on a channel that will soon no longer exist. I guess they'll be playing on the USA Network. I think that's the plan??

I still think the quality programs in the A10 should just leave and do their own thing, and hook up with some other programs that currently play in smaller leagues, but where basketball is a priority. But...I also don't care anymore.
    A10 quality programs = oxymoron.
    X A V I E R