Page 467 of 520 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 5194
    I gave up on football when ND aligned with the ACC instead of the more natural Big10.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Now there is a tweet out about Kansas looking at moving to the Big East. Isn't all of this fun!

https://twitter.com/MarcFiscHoops/st...77924410327042

But wait, that would "hurt" the University of Cincinnati! Oh, never mind.
    Last edited by xudash; 06-30-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Saw Kansas has interest in joining the Big East/ football going independent. That would be great. As things are swirling so much it’s nice to be the only basketball centric league. Bring Gonzaga while your at it.
    That has to be fake. Unless Kansas decides to play 11 homecoming football games as visitors.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    That has to be fake. Unless Kansas decides to play 11 homecoming football games as visitors.
    There have been lots of rumors and smoke over the last several years of Kansas looking to get out of the big 12...I wouldn't be surprised by this at all.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Kansas leaving the Big 12 would make no sense unless the Big 12 starts to collapse. Even though their football team sucks they make way more money than they would in the BE.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    If I'm the Pac-12, I'd have to take a hard look at BYU and practically beg Gonzaga to start up a football program.

I'll have to ask my Pac-12 friends if they would be amenable to firing Larry Scott again.

If this actually does happen, I could see the PAC and the the Big 12 merging sometime in the future, with Gonzaga joining in everything but football. I could also see a scenario where the ACC is split up between the Big 10 and the SEC…….leaving us with 3 Mega conferences.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 06-30-2022 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    If this actually does happen, I could see the PAC and the the Big 12 merging sometime in the future, with Gonzaga joining in everything but football. I could also see a scenario where the AAC is split up between the Big 10 and the SEC…….leaving us with 3 Mega conferences.
    I've got to believe you mean the ACC...not the AAC.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I've got to believe you mean the ACC...not the AAC.
    . Correct, I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Kansas leaving the Big 12 would make no sense unless the Big 12 starts to collapse. Even though their football team sucks they make way more money than they would in the BE.
    well.....maybe Kansas leaving the B12 will be the thing that actually STARTS the collapse of the Big 12. And the money for Kansas under the former B12 was largely based on the giant football revenue associated with UT and Oklahoma being involved. That money will be reduced considerably under the new B12 arrangement. So, what would they really be walking away from?

If they want to focus on BBall then the Big East is their best option. They bring ALOT of cache which would translate DIRECTLY to more TV Dollars for the BE TV deal. I would bet that the BE would actually be willing to pay the exit fee to the B12 on behalf of Kansas to get them to join. this would be a HUUUUUGE uptick for the BE, and if it happens, I would expect the Zags to follow