Page 457 of 520 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 5194
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    USC fires their coach and the first option named is Luke Fickell. Uh-oh UC fan................
    Maybe. Mike Bohn has hired him once already.

I kinda get the sense that Fickell won't be interested. Florida State and Auburn didn't seem to interest him that much. I think he's kind of wanting to stay in the Big Ten/Big Twelve midwest footprint. But, then again....Mike Bohn is USC's AD.

Also, if James Franklin takes the USC job, then I could see Fickell being VERY interested in Penn State.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Hmmm....

How does everyone suppose a 16 team SEC will work??

2 divisions of 8, 7 division games and 1 or 2 crossover games with one of the games being a protected series that's played every year??

If that's the case, who goes to the East?? This was an issue last time. In order to preserve tradition and rivalry, they sent Missouri to the East even though they are the western-most team. It wouldn't shock me at all if they decided to put Oklahoma in the East, and have the Oklahoma v Texas game be the protected crossover series. Alabama v Auburn, Ole Miss v Miss State, and Arkansas v LSU just have too many historic rivalries that would be split up if one of those teams moved to the East. So....I'm betting it ends up being Oklahoma. In the East. Even though they're way out West.

I bet they also move to 9 games. Which would probably mean one fewer home games for eveyrone every two years. A lot of schools aren't going to like that one either. The only way that would be avoided is if they just decided to never play OOC road games. Ever.

I'm not saying it's bad that the SEC added Oklahoma and Texas. What I am saying is that a lot of people in SEC country who were all for this probably haven't thought it through all the way. I'll also say that...well...that makes me kinda happy!!! When it comes to SECism, I just don't feel bad when things happen that they don't like.
    Last edited by xubrew; 09-14-2021 at 12:53 PM.

I'd like to see this makeup:

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

The problem some in the SEC will have with this is that either LSU v Auburn or LSU v Alabama would have to go. I don't think that'll happen. Ole Miss and Mississippi State wouldn't want this alignment either since both consider Alabama as a rival. No one else does, including Alabama, but the two of them do and I'm assuming they both get a vote.

When it comes to the protected "crossover" rivalries, I think all seven will stay exactly the same, and the 8th one will be Texas v Oklahoma.

As for basketball, I'm guessing they'll do a wheel like what the ACC has done at times?? That would give them 18 games. A wheel is playing home and homes with the teams above you and below you, plus one other game. I don't know if this would be exactly what it would look like, but it'd be close. And it would give us that much anticipated Vandy v Ole Miss game every year!!!

Vanderbilt
    Tennessee
    Kentucky
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Georgia
    Auburn
    Alabama
    LSU
    Arkansas
    Missouri
    Oklahoma
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    Mississippi State
    Ole Miss

The latest rumor is Air Force and Colorado State to the American. I guess that’s interesting. Not sure why the American would really want them, nor am I sure why either one of them would really want to go. It seems like a two-sides lateral move. But…whatever.

Maybe the Big 12 should have invited Boise State instead of BYU.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

CUSA wants to meet with the Sun Belt and American to realign all three conferences in a way that makes more geographic sense.

I think it's a great idea! I also think the AAC won't want to do it because they live in a fantasy world!

I think CUSA and the SBC should just do it without them. They've got 24 football schools and 26 basketball schools. Just form three conferences out of those 24/26 teams, get three automatic bids to the NCAA Tournament collectively instead of just two, create a much better geographic layout, and have some sort of scheduling crossover agreement in football where teams play their mirrors in the last two weeks of the season. (the 1st place teams play the other two 1st place teams, 2nd place teams play each other, etc). That gives everyone 7 conference games, two additional fixture crossover games, and 3 more OOC games. They're off and running!
    Last edited by xubrew; 10-11-2021 at 09:29 AM.

So the American extended invites to six CUSA schools! And this is great news for all college basketball fans!! After about a decade or so of dormancy, the Memphis vs Rice rivalry is back!!!!!

Of the 14 teams in the American, 12 used to be in Conference USA. The more the "conference carousel" spins, the more it sometimes seems eventually seems to come around to the same place it was at before.

Southern Miss, Marshall, Old Dominion, and James Madison (CAA) are rumored to be joining the Sun Belt. I'm inclined to believe the rumors are true. That would leave CUSA with just five teams (WKU, Middle Tennessee, LA Tech, FIU, and UTEP). A week ago at this time they had 14 teams. That's not a good week for CUSA. All of those schools, with the exception of FIU, have some basketball value. All of them have also done SOMETHING in football somewhat recently. I don't know what their next move is. UTEP and LA Tech might look to join the WAC as the WAC goes ahead with its plans to restart FBS football. Both have been in the WAC before.

As far as the remaining three teams, I don't know what happens. Do the go fishing at the FCS and D2 levels to try and get their membership back up to at least 8?? Do Middle and WKU call the MAC and ask if they can join that league?? Both are good programs, but both are kind of screwed at the moment.

Western KY has been doing VERY good in its BB recruiting recently. Surprisingly so IMO. Enough to make me wonder what is going on there. I’m somewhat familiar with it as my daughter went there for her 1st semester in college and I’ve been to Bowling Green several times. It’s nice enough, but one of the best things about both WKU and Middle TN is there closeness to Nashville. I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up in the OVC.