Page 468 of 520 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5194
    Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    well.....maybe Kansas leaving the B12 will be the thing that actually STARTS the collapse of the Big 12. And the money for Kansas under the former B12 was largely based on the giant football revenue associated with UT and Oklahoma being involved. That money will be reduced considerably under the new B12 arrangement. So, what would they really be walking away from?

If they want to focus on BBall then the Big East is their best option. They bring ALOT of cache which would translate DIRECTLY to more TV Dollars for the BE TV deal. I would bet that the BE would actually be willing to pay the exit fee to the B12 on behalf of Kansas to get them to join. this would be a HUUUUUGE uptick for the BE, and if it happens, I would expect the Zags to follow
    This.

Kansas AD department revenue approximates $70 million. That includes a media distribution amount that is about to get cut into roughly half (projected); or cut to about $20 million. I haven't had the time to look up where they are on the "food chain" with respect to department "profitability", but I imagine they are one of the programs that actually are underwater when things are all said and done - I imagine their athletic department is propped up by student fees like so many others.

I'm not saying or suggesting that Kansas should drop football. That obviously isn't happening. But what if the BE media agreement went north of $10 million per school, and what if Kansas could find a way to self-generate $10 million in media related revenue streams for football directly.

If the money becomes sort of, kind of neutral, which is the best place to be in for your basketball heritage, while making sure that football doesn't drag you to the bottom of the sea.
    X A V I E R

wow. The ucla & USC deal is already approved.

I must say, this might be most secretive thing ever. Nobody heard a whisper of this until about 3 hours before it was finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    wow. The ucla & USC deal is already approved.

I must say, this might be most secretive thing ever. Nobody heard a whisper of this until about 3 hours before it was finalized.
    I heard about it yesterday on Dan Patrick I think. Or possibly the day before, but it was definitely a well kept secret. A LOT of people are in a LOT of talks before a thing like that takes place.

Follow the money! Do the math, tell the future!

WOW. B1G will get any school they want now. You have to believe Stanford would be up there. Notre Dame of course. And they always wanted Virginia. They’ll end up at 24 programs ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I heard about it yesterday on Dan Patrick I think. Or possibly the day before, but it was definitely a well kept secret. A LOT of people are in a LOT of talks before a thing like that takes place.

Follow the money! Do the math, tell the future!
    Wow and wonder who’s paying who on buyouts with this short notice.

Oregon has left the Pac-12 for the LIV Tour
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Oregon has left the Pac-12 for the LIV Tour
    Damn you! I almost spit out my wine!!!

Who would really want to be in a conference where you only get to play a team once every 3 years. Stupid.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

For $75 mil per?

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Who would really want to be in a conference where you only get to play a team once every 3 years. Stupid.
    The answer to far too many questions is: MONEY.