Page 455 of 520 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5194
    Everyone in that league will be praying for an exit. Just like the old Big East. UC should be familiar with that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Everyone in that league will be praying for an exit. Just like the old Big East. UC should be familiar with that scenario.
    This is anecdotal, but a good friend of mine here in Jacksonville is a sports anchor on television, a Kansas graduate and a huge fan of Kansas. He is beside himself over all of this, and is praying for Kansas to receive an invitation from the B1G, although he understands Kansas is in a tough position in terms of receiving that.

It is as though UC is changing to a larger boat, while heading into tougher waters.
    X A V I E R

Big 12 schools currently make 34 MILLION each from their Media/TV deal…..which includes the Big 12 network. I know that people here (especially those people that live out of the Cincy area or who aren’t natives to Cincy) like to discredit everything they do, but that has to be a huge jump up from what they get out of the AAC. Money like that will certainly make a difference. In comparison, the SEC schools each get 44 million from their contract. Texas has its own network, and that has been a bone of contention between Texas and the rest of the Big 12 for many years.

By the way…on the subject of Cantus. I see they won their annual one football game last night. Good for them. The B10 would have ZERO interest or reason to add that program to its conference. Remember, this conference realignment is all about FOOTBALL and the MONEY it generates.

Big XII schools make $34 million while the conference includes Texas and Oklahoma. That will obviously not continue.

I don't think this latest round of shifting is particuarly relevant to Xavier, but I did see an ESPN article just now claiming BYU, Houston, UCF and Cincinnati were the top Big XII expansion candidates. Nothing earthshattering about that given fan bases (BYU really), markets (Houston and UCF) and recent football succes (mostly UC). However, I guess I do wonder if BYU leaving the WCC would cause Gonzaga to take another look at the Big East. Spokane hasn't gotten any closer to Omaha in recent years, and Gonzaga doesn't really need a strong conference to do their thing, but if the WCC takes a hit it could at least be something they ponder again.
    Probably not. I wonder how much Gonzaga really actually looked at that in the first place. I think Gonzaga's feelings about losing BYU will be "Alright! Sweet!! Two more OOC games!! That's two more Top 25 teams we can schedule!"
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Big XII schools make $34 million while the conference includes Texas and Oklahoma. That will obviously not continue.
    According to CBS, the loss of OU and Texas will cost each school about $14M. But adding in the 4 schools is expected to add back about $2M, so if CBS is right, each school might be expected to make about $22M after the dust settles. While that is a hit for the schools already in the B12, it is a substantial revenue upgrade for schools like our crosstown rival.

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...cf-membership/.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    According to CBS, the loss of OU and Texas will cost each school about $14M. But adding in the 4 schools is expected to add back about $2M, so if CBS is right, each school might be expected to make about $22M after the dust settles. While that is a hit for the schools already in the B12, it is a substantial revenue upgrade for schools like our crosstown rival.

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...cf-membership/.
    Right, and good for UC in the short term, but it means WV and Oklahoma State at least will have their hair on fire trying to get out of there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Big 12 schools currently make 34 MILLION each from their Media/TV deal…..which includes the Big 12 network. I know that people here (especially those people that live out of the Cincy area or who aren’t natives to Cincy) like to discredit everything they do, but that has to be a huge jump up from what they get out of the AAC. Money like that will certainly make a difference. In comparison, the SEC schools each get 44 million from their contract. Texas has its own network, and that has been a bone of contention between Texas and the rest of the Big 12 for many years.

By the way…on the subject of Cantus. I see they won their annual one football game last night. Good for them. The B10 would have ZERO interest or reason to add that program to its conference. Remember, this conference realignment is all about FOOTBALL and the MONEY it generates.
    Maryland and Rutgers? Just saying. And no way Big 12 schools will continue making anything close to $34M.
    Last edited by XUBison; 09-04-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Maryland and Rutgers? Just saying. And no way Big 12 schools will continue making anything close to $34M.
    Probably between $20 million and $25 million.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Probably between $20 million and $25 million.
    I think the AAC payout is less than 10 million. That’s a pretty good raise.