Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    I don't know if this band has been brought to anyone's attention, but it is a travesty of a sham of a mockery if they have not. Maybe they have been mentioned on another thread, but I will press on anyway.

The National

I believe they are made up of 4 homegrown boys that have relocated to Brooklyn. Two are twins and went to Elder and a third, Matt Berninger, went to high school at St. X and was a year ahead of me. You can't go wrong with any one of their last three albums: Alligator, Boxer and High Violet.

I don't know if they haven't been mentioned on this thread because their last album came out one and a half years ago, but I am still going to give them high praise. One of the best indie bands going.

"I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees; I'll never marry but Ohio don't remember me."

Also, one of my favorite lyrics bar none:

"I still owe money to the money to the money I owe."

Quote Originally Posted by Ledgewood View Post
    http://welistenforyou.blogspot.com/2...oundmouth.html

Check out Golfitup's brother's new band. They're, uhh, really good. Like no jokings.
    Hey, I wanna see and hear. Penitentiary is really good. Very "Band" ish.

They gonna tour anytime soon?

How about a double bill with Ledgewood's band at Nighttown or HOB up here in Cleveburgh?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I love The National. Great Cincinnati band that never forgets they are from Cincinnati. They are amazing live; I highly recommend the Deluxe Edition of High Violet that features live recordings of some of the best songs from that album.

Quote Originally Posted by Bylarkin Rulz View Post
    I don't know if this band has been brought to anyone's attention, but it is a travesty of a sham of a mockery if they have not. Maybe they have been mentioned on another thread, but I will press on anyway.

The National

I believe they are made up of 4 homegrown boys that have relocated to Brooklyn. Two are twins and went to Elder and a third, Matt Berninger, went to high school at St. X and was a year ahead of me. You can't go wrong with any one of their last three albums: Alligator, Boxer and High Violet.

I don't know if they haven't been mentioned on this thread because their last album came out one and a half years ago, but I am still going to give them high praise. One of the best indie bands going.

"I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees; I'll never marry but Ohio don't remember me."

Also, one of my favorite lyrics bar none:

"I still owe money to the money to the money I owe."

I just turned on The National on Spotify. (Deluxe Edition). If I have a bad morning. I'm holding this whole board accountable.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Hey, I wanna see and hear. Penitentiary is really good. Very "Band" ish.

They gonna tour anytime soon?

How about a double bill with Ledgewood's band at Nighttown or HOB up here in Cleveburgh?
    From what I hear, they are in talks of some form to get something of a record deal, or whatever they call them these days. So we'll probably get to hear more of them before them man takes 'em for everything their worth.

Ledgewood's band still plays at bars like Merry Arts this Saturday for a few hundred bucks and free beers.
    DIG IT!

Per Village Voice....

Pazz + Jop 2011.....

1 tUnE-yArDs, w h o k i l l

2 PJ Harvey, Let England Shake

3 Jay-Z and Kanye West, Watch the Throne

4 Wild Flag, Wild Flag

5 Tom Waits, Bad As Me

6 Adele, 21

7 Destroyer, Kaputt

8 Drake, Take Care

9 Bon Iver, Bon Iver

10 Shabazz Palaces, Black Up

11 Fucked Up, David Comes to Life

12 St. Vincent, Strange Mercy

13 The Weeknd, House of Balloons

14 Paul Simon, So Beautiful or So What

15 EMA, Past Life Martyred Saints

16 Frank Ocean, Nostalgia, Ultra

17 The Roots, Undun

18 Fleet Foxes, Helplessness Blues

19 M83, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

20 Kurt Vile, Smoke Ring for My Halo

http://www.villagevoice.com/pazznjop/albums/2011/

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I just turned on The National on Spotify. (Deluxe Edition). If I have a bad morning. I'm holding this whole board accountable.
    Spotify is awesome. I love it and have found so much new music thanks to it.

BTW, here is my contribution:

Bomb the Music Industry "Vacation"

DIY coming into its own.

Finally got Jamie xx's remix of Gil Scott-Heron's "I'm New Here." It's called "We're New Here" and I would say is a must listen. Jamie does a great job with what GSH did.

Guys, I am hitting up the second weekend of Coachella this year and will report back who I see. I am pumped for Florence and the Machine but am pretty open after that.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    Finally got Jamie xx's remix of Gil Scott-Heron's "I'm New Here." It's called "We're New Here" and I would say is a must listen. Jamie does a great job with what GSH did.
    bbc,

I have GSH's "I'm New Here" -- look forward to picking up J xx's re-mix.

GSH is the man!

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X