Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    For some reason, there seems to be a ton of talent in/from Montreal (and Canada, in general). I hate emoish music. But this is so emoish that I like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsL3PG40a8

Speaking of Canada, definitely not new, but I stumbled on this Rush song and love it. So retro and ridiculous, but fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4. The song/video haven't aged well, but that's part of the charm of it.
    Can't load the You Tube video, Go. Which Rush song is it?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Can't load the You Tube video, Go. Which Rush song is it?
    For some reason, the video doesn't work on mobile devices.

It's Subdivisions. I looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently they play it live a lot these days. So maybe the song has aged well. I love it. I'm beginning to realize that there's more to Rush than Tom Sawyer and the Working Man.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    For some reason, the video doesn't work on mobile devices.

It's Subdivisions. I looked it up on wikipedia. Apparently they play it live a lot these days. So maybe the song has aged well. I love it. I'm beginning to realize that there's more to Rush than Tom Sawyer and the Working Man.
    Ah, yes. Subdivisions. I likely....a lot.

The best thing about the song is Geddy Lee moving from bass to synthesizer at various points of the tune. The entire album Signals is excellent.

As we have discussed before, why Rush, Yes and Moody Blues are not in the Rock Hall of Fame is an absolute disgrace.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Freshman
    Just got back from a sold out Clutch show at Cleveland House of Blues. The opening act was Monster Truck. They do a sort of 70's hard rock thing but they add a keyboard. They were very very good. I can't recommend their EP that's on Amazon and itunes though as I don't think it fairly represents them - it's kind of generic. Supposedly a new album is coming soon. Watch out for these guys in the future.

DIG IT!

I took a trip to Nashville a few weeks ago and happened upon the Don Kelley Band playing at Robert's Western World. They had a guest guitarist playing with them, a 17 year old phenom named Daniel Donato. Freaking unbelievable guitar player. If you're rolling through Nashville, look him up. I understand he's still playing with a variety of bands, but someone is bound to sign him to a major band if he wants it.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I took a trip to Nashville a few weeks ago and happened upon the Don Kelley Band playing at Robert's Western World. They had a guest guitarist playing with them, a 17 year old phenom named Daniel Donato. Freaking unbelievable guitar player. If you're rolling through Nashville, look him up. I understand he's still playing with a variety of bands, but someone is bound to sign him to a major band if he wants it.
    Robert's is one of the three bars in downtown Nashville I actively don't hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledgewood View Post
    Really like the songs Ledgewood. I'm also a fan of Jack & The Bear so that should be a great show. Unfortunately, I am in Chicago and making a Wednesday night show would be tough.
    "I was in Dayton, Ohio you ever been there? You know what's fun to do there...pack up and get the f#@$ out of there." Dave Attell

New Mumford & Sons coming out 9/26/12
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    Really like the songs Ledgewood. I'm also a fan of Jack & The Bear so that should be a great show. Unfortunately, I am in Chicago and making a Wednesday night show would be tough.
    I really enjoy their songs, too. I never heard of them until the Grog Shop told me we were playing with them and I looked em up. Should be an awesome night.
    DIG IT!