Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    You just need to decide to see live music and know what's happening. Cincymusic.com or CityBeat.com to see quick calendars. Both show there is something worth catching live almost every night of the week here. People bitch, but the music scene really offers great opportunities overall. It helps to keep an open mind about seeing bands you might not be aware of now, but so many play here on their way up.
    Same thing up here in THE LAND. Besides the usual venues like Blossom, Nautica, The Rocksino Concert Hall and House of Blues, lesser known places (to non-afficianados) like Beachland Ballroom, Music Box Supper Club and Nighttown on the east side have superb acts that I have seen. Even the long term standby The Agora still has occasional shows. A cool event that happened there 3 weeks ago was that two members of Tool came to town for a "Tool Tutorial" where they played a bit and educated a sold out house as to what their process is as a band with Maynard James Keenan to put a record together. They're FINALLY finishing up a new album this year that will be out soon. About damn time!!!!

There is still great music around if you look for it. BTW! Jack White's show up here a couple of weeks ago was truly off the hook. What an entertainer, who has a sense of place and his audience, besides being a fantastic musician.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    That chick is captivating....and HOT...But, PLEASE. STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR HAIR!!! It's incredibly distracting!!
    +1. Talented and smokin' hot.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

RIP Cleveland's best little venue: The Barking Spider. That was a fun room. The Grog Shop and The Beachland is really where I'd tell most people to start, but I've heard of a place called Wilbert's. When I gigged I liked playing at The Phantasy/Symposium in Lakewood, but not sure it's the same owners. Mostly don't care about the Cleveland scene compared to experiences in other cities, but The Grog Shop always seemed to have something cool when I was up there.

Here is a current Cleveland band I'd check out:

Also: Wesley Bright and the Hi-Lites are pretty good live.

Just went to see the Blue Wisp Big Band tonight...still awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    RIP Cleveland's best little venue: The Barking Spider. That was a fun room. The Grog Shop and The Beachland is really where I'd tell most people to start, but I've heard of a place called Wilbert's. When I gigged I liked playing at The Phantasy/Symposium in Lakewood, but not sure it's the same owners. Mostly don't care about the Cleveland scene compared to experiences in other cities, but The Grog Shop always seemed to have something cool when I was up there.
    Grog Shop is still cool. Phantasy is pretty much dead at this point. Wilberts is trying to make a comeback. It closed then reopened under new Management. I saw old rocker Willie Nile there a bit ago.

Part of the reason why it's different up here is that we don't have the big "College presence" like Cincinnati or Columbus. Mostly older rockers like me or somewhat younger but definitely a dearth of 18-24 year olds who dig music. Those folks go out of town to school mostly so we're short here except in the summer when ALL the venues are rocking.
    Good stuff, Sir.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-28-2018 at 10:10 AM.

https://youtu.be/Fn_xnkoPdfshttp://

This is my nephew covering Run by Foo Fighters. He's pretty good and is working now as a drummer for a local country guy.

One of my favorite artists. This album is especially great.
    Last edited by KC4X; 07-01-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Same thing up here in THE LAND. Besides the usual venues like Blossom, Nautica, The Rocksino Concert Hall and House of Blues, lesser known places (to non-afficianados) like Beachland Ballroom, Music Box Supper Club and Nighttown on the east side have superb acts that I have seen. Even the long term standby The Agora still has occasional shows. A cool event that happened there 3 weeks ago was that two members of Tool came to town for a "Tool Tutorial" where they played a bit and educated a sold out house as to what their process is as a band with Maynard James Keenan to put a record together. They're FINALLY finishing up a new album this year that will be out soon. About damn time!!!!

There is still great music around if you look for it. BTW! Jack White's show up here a couple of weeks ago was truly off the hook. What an entertainer, who has a sense of place and his audience, besides being a fantastic musician.
    The Agora Cleveland is still alive and well and even better!!!

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...ra-modern-feel

This one ain't so new, but an old blues song originally written in 1948, recorded and charted by Sarah Vaughan in 1949, masterfully covered by Peggy Lee, and Ella Fitzgerald and superbly redirected by Peter Frampton/Steve Marriott/Humble Pie in 1972. This version is fantastically resurrected by Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa in this version just recorded in 2017.

Keep the Blues alive, man!

Guns N' Roses recently released a re-mastered Appetite for Destruction (Super Deluxe). There are a lot of additional tracks. Mostly studio recordings and some live versions. Pretty cool if you like GNR (like I do).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Guns N' Roses recently released a re-mastered Appetite for Destruction (Super Deluxe). There are a lot of additional tracks. Mostly studio recordings and some live versions. Pretty cool if you like GNR (like I do).
    Thanks for the tip. Can't wait to hear the "enhanced" version of Rocket Queen! :-)