Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    MOR: Knowing that you like Tool - Are you familiar with Coheed and Cambria? I assume yes, but if not you should check them out. Claudio Sanchez has a unique (but amazing) voice. They are an incredible band that never really got their due, IMHO.

What I'm listening to that's new, or new-ish (it's an eclectic Mix):

Jason Isbell: The best folk/country artist around. Period. Quite a catalog of albums already and a new one coming May 15th.
    Trivium: New album dropped a few weeks ago. There aren't a lot of modern bands doing Metal very well right now, but these guys are one of them
    Cody Jinks: Great country artist that blends 'outlaw' country with folk undertones.
    Coheed and Cambria: Phenomenal Prog-metal band. Their most recent album isn't exactly 'new' but it's great.
    Sean McConnell: Nashville songwriter that nobody has heard of, but you should. If you like Country / Folk / Americana music check him out.
    Bad Religion: These guys are still going at it, and have an album released in 2019. It doesn't break any new ground, but it's a solid album from Punk Rock Icons
    Good Riddance: Hardcore punk band that recently reunited and released an album in 2019. It's one of their best. They also have a pretty robust catalog to choose from.
    Dragonforce: These guys are kind of a joke band with intentionally cheesy song topics and titles (Sci-fi / fantasy) but there is some great guitar work and soaring choruses and melodies.
    Thanks Booze!!!

I'll check them out!! (THUMBS UP EMOJI)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

RIP Little Richard.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

It's not new music, but a really good spin on old music. There are mash-ups from other years as well.

Mentioned in the other Music Thread, I cannot get enough of the new Durand Jones & The Indications album Private Space. This is a group with their sound down. These songs are On Deem.

Entire Album

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

If ABBA comes back after 40 years, does that count as new music?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

If anybody is into rocking metal music, the new album by Deafheaven "Infinite Granite" shreds.
    Full disclosure: I'm a fan of Tool too.

The Georgia Thunderbolts are a southern rock band so everyone will compare them to The Allman Brothers or Skynyrd dude. They are not either of them. If you want a comparison, maybe Blackfoot. I got an hour and a half drive on a two-lane road this Saturday. This album is going to accompany me.

No, I be concubining.

Brand new Houndmouth out now!
    And it’s “Good for You”.

https://youtu.be/vxU2-BbEVkg

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
    The Georgia Thunderbolts are a southern rock band so everyone will compare them to The Allman Brothers or Skynyrd dude. They are not either of them. If you want a comparison, maybe Blackfoot. I got an hour and a half drive on a two-lane road this Saturday. This album is going to accompany me.

Kinda reminds me of Whiskey Myers. Now that’s some ass kickin rockabilly!
    Last edited by X-ROX; 11-12-2021 at 11:14 AM.