Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

New Music- Talk to Me!

Always on the lookout for new, creative stuff, and it is becoming increasingly hard to find.

I really like The Suburbs by Arcade Fire (not a bad song in the bunch- and very eclectic with no derivative tunes) but that is now almost a year old. Johnny Marr has been playing with the Cribs recently. The Strokes have a new album out that is interesting.

Talk to me and let me know what is fresh. And, no, please no Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Despite his attempts to be a rock star, he's a better Nascar driver- barely.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The Weeknd - House of Balloons

Golfitup Cody got me into the band Dawes. It's pretty delicious. Kinda remind me of the band but like... newer and young. Good times. They got two records out, both good.

I've been relistening to the Alternative Routes record Good and Reckless and True again recently. It's an awesome overall listen. You most likely don't know who they are. Also, if you're into stuff known as alt-coutnry rock and roll, try Columbus-based Matthew Hoover's record Talking to Ghosts. I love it.

OH YEAH, and Tom Evanchuck. He's really really really good.
    Last edited by Ledgewood; 07-07-2011 at 03:17 PM.
    DIG IT!

If rap is your thing...

Honestly, don't usually listen to much of it, but this one artist, is pretty sweet.

Childish Gambino.

go to iamdonald.com, and you can download all his music for free. Donald Glover is his real name. He's a comedian and a writer on NBC. He stars on the NBC show Community, and used to write for 30 Rock.

He's a little vulgar, but also has some good lyrics.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    If rap is your thing...

Honestly, don't usually listen to much of it, but this one artist, is pretty sweet.

Childish Gambino.

go to iamdonald.com, and you can download all his music for free. Donald Glover is his real name. He's a comedian and a writer on NBC. He stars on the NBC show Community, and used to write for 30 Rock.

He's a little vulgar, but also has some good lyrics.
    Start with his I Am Just a Rapper albums (1 and 2), then go to his most recent called EP and then follow it up with last years Culdesac.

Per Flavorwire.....

10 Underrated 2011 Albums You Need to Hear

http://flavorwire.com/190957/10-unde...u-need-to-hear

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

Per MetaCritic.....

List of Highest Ranking Albums (MetaScore) of 2011 so far.....

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/alb...view=condensed

You’re not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can’t face reality. Wrong is wrong...no matter who says it....Malcolm X

If you like the pop/electric sound of the 80's I'd recommend Adventures in Space and Time by The Apples in Stereo. It came out last year but it's still new to me.

Another one I'd recommend that came out last year is Intriguer by Crowded House.

Anthony da Costa. Young dude from NY. REALLY good singer/songwriter. Had the pleasure of opening for him in Cleveland. He is super good and has gotten really good reviews. Don't know who to compare him to. But spend the 10 spot on iTunes and buy his album Not Afraid Of Nothing. For realsies. If you don't like it I'll make a video of myself punching myself in the face and I'll send it to you. It's got some really really good tracks on it. My faves are 'If You Want It', 'Love Is Not Enough', 'Maybe I Should Lie', 'I Am Way Too Much', and 'For A While'. Just buy the whole record, ya cheapskate. Sheesh. I am so sick of arguing. Why can't we just have a normal conversation anymore? I really don't think this is working out. Maybe we should take some time apart. It's not you, it's me... I don't like you.
    DIG IT!