Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

US v Panama Part Deux

Predictions?

The amateur psychologist says US casualed it in the group stage, got burned. Mexico is the only team worth beating, will the players look past this match again and get burned?

I just pray they don't give up the first goal.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

I feel that the Us will come out like it did against Jamaica. Show some weaknesses and kitters to start, and then come out strong.

Despite all the downsides to this team, once they get hot during games, they stay hot and attack. Problem is, they usually wait until the second half. Hopefully, that'll start at least during the second or third minute of the match.

GO USA.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

2-1. Rally in the second half.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Supporting Member Denver Muskie's Avatar
    I'm calling a 2-1 win also. Agudelo and Dempsey with the goals. There shouldn't be any lackluster effort in this one. There will be revenge on their minds and most likely a pro-Panama crowd to battle against.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Muskie View Post
    I'm calling a 2-1 win also. Agudelo and Dempsey with the goals. There shouldn't be any lackluster effort in this one. There will be revenge on their minds and most likely a pro-Panama crowd to battle against.
    Mexico play right after us in Houston. So actually, you're right. Nevermind.

is there more interest in usa soccer than usa basketball? I love basketball but don't really care much about the national team. I could care less about soccer but the world competition intrigues me a bit. Are you guys soccer fans in general or do just like international competition?

I'm predicting a feel good break out game before the battle against Meeeeeeeeeeeeexico. 3-1

Donovon(37'), Jones(66'), Dempsey(81').

Gomez for them(11')
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 06-22-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Live Action

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    is there more interest in usa soccer than usa basketball? I love basketball but don't really care much about the national team. I could care less about soccer but the world competition intrigues me a bit. Are you guys soccer fans in general or do just like international competition?
    I grew up playing it and I like the sport in general. It's an exciting sport. The international competition is just on a higher level of excitement for me.

I'm not sure what the following for USA basketball is. After the Dream Team, it seems to me at least, not that big of following.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Are you guys soccer fans in general or do just like international competition?
    I'm a huge soccer fan. I actually prefer club competitions to international ones as international matches tend to be more cautious and negative. I love everything from the wide open style of the EPL to the considered tactical play of Serie A. Seeing how different cultures adapt the game is one of its real treats.

Banned
    The Champions League is the best. Love the away goal rule and once an away goal is scored the games really open up. I mainly watch the EPL and La Liga however I will watch the big games in Bundesliga and Serie A. I also love the World Cup and International soccer.
    USA 3 Panama1.