Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Yuengling Comes To Cincinnati

dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Ohio is one of largest states in the country and in terms of beer consumption,
    I resemble that remark.

I may offend some fans, but I find Yuengling very 'meh', and certainly not deserving of the cult following. It would not be in my top 10 beers.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I resemble that remark.

I may offend some fans, but I find Yuengling very 'meh', and certainly not deserving of the cult following. It would not be in my top 10 beers.
    Which begs the question, "What is your top 10, sir?"
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I resemble that remark.

It's in my top 10, but some of that might be the novelty of only getting to drink it a few times a year. I just think it has a unique taste that suits my simple midwest palette.

Tread lightly on this subject...need I remind you of the '5 Guys' uprising?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I resemble that remark.

Yuengling is not in your top 10?!?!!1? How can it not be in your top 10?!!1!!?? It's clear that Cincinnatians do not know good beer. Yuengling is a top 10 beer in Cincinnati.

that would be a tough question to answer. It seems like there could be a whole thread about beer.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

For the price, you can't beat it!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

It's the old "unobtainum" thing. I'm old enough to remember people bringing Coors back from Colorado. I had to pack Fat Tire for a while when I would come from Co. to Fl for my son. My cousin had me order 5 cases of Yuengling from the Liqour store when he came for a visit, so he could sell it to his buddies in Baton Rouge. Have to admit I have been drinking it ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    It's in my top 10, but some of that might be the novelty of only getting to drink it a few times a year. I just think it has a unique taste that suits my simple midwest palette.

Tread lightly on this subject...need I remind you of the '5 Guys' uprising?
    I'm guessing this is a lot of it for many people.

My top 10 comment was specifically a tounge-in-cheek reference to the 5 guys thread.

Beer styles and tastes are far more varied, in my estimation, than burgers.

My top 10 would be very heavy on IPA's and Pale Ales. Lagers really aren't my favorite style, though I do enjoy them from time to time.
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    For the price, you can't beat it!
    Now this I could get behind. If you're putting Yeungling up against Miller Lite/Bud Light, I can see the attraction. Since I've almost always had it in a bar, it didn't really occur to me that it's a value play.
    -Matt McCormick