Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Who's excited/going to be watching the GoT season finale tonight?

Also, has anyone read the books?

From all your Facebook ravings about this, I just knew, KNEW, you'd post something about this show eventually. I am hooked and while I haven't read any of the books (I plan to), I am thrilled to watch the season finale.

How pissed were you at the end of the last episode (no spoilers)?!?
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I haven't watched the show yet but plan to eventually. I'm currently reading the first book and it is very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    From all your Facebook ravings about this, I just knew, KNEW, you'd post something about this show eventually. I am hooked and while I haven't read any of the books (I plan to), I am thrilled to watch the season finale.

How pissed were you at the end of the last episode (no spoilers)?!?
    I just started reading the books due to getting hooked on the HBO series. I was pissed after last week's episode. Thought the finale was good. Have to wait a whole year for season 2.

By the way, you can get the 4-book set online at Borders for only $19.78. That's what I did. Regular price is about $36.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0345529057
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

I've finished the first four books of the series and they are awesome. Martin has created a very detailed universe of political and physical war that isn't hard to follow once you get in and become familiar with the players. The fifth and final book is supposed to be released next month. I can't wait.

I have only seen the first episode of the HBO series. It was good, but I just haven't gotten the itch to add $18/mo. to watch it. Now that the season is over, I may get it for a month just so I can quickly watch all the episodes on HBO Go.

I'm hoping to read all the books between the seasons. I keep reading great reviews of the guy's writing.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I watched the entire season and it has completely grown on me. I was skeptical b/c I am not a Lord of the Rings/ Witches and Wizardry fan at all. I have been pleasantly surprised with how good the acting has been, the story lines are incredible and the HBO adds the perfect mix of skin and blood to keep a guy like me completely engaged. I'm a "The Wire", "Band of Brothers" type...couldn't get into TrueBlood or Carnivale.

Now, about the Finale: Complete crap...no resolution..no closure to any storyline. That being said, I'll be tuning next spring fopr sure.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

I am one of those nerdy fantasy fiction readers and have read all the books. It is one of my favorite series.

I go days without turning on a tv (after the college bball season is over), but subscribed to HBO for the series.

There is a ton of detail in the books, but all-in-all they have done a great job with the series.

And it only gets darker.......

Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Now, about the Finale: Complete crap...no resolution..no closure to any storyline. That being said, I'll be tuning next spring fopr sure.
    There was no resolution because the season covered book one of five in the series. In truth, the books have no individual resolution either. It's more accurate to think of them as five excerpts of a massive, 5000+ page story.

I watched and loved it. Got all of my extended family hooked on the series. I am also reading the books - a lot of characters, a lot of plot lines, a lot of possible directions, no predictable outcomes, huge twists when you least expect them. Good stuff.