Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ESPN Best and Worst Franchises in Pro Sports

According to ESPN.com; Cincinnati Bengals fans can no longer say "hey... at least we're not the LA Clippers..."

According to the magazine, "In all, 122 teams from the NFL, NBA, NHL and Major League Baseball were ranked in order, based on a weighted average of scores in eight different categories ranging from the quantitative to the emotionally subjective: “bang for the buck” (24.3%), players (16.6%), fan relations (16.5%), affordability (14.1%), stadium experience (9.1%), ownership (9.0%), title track (6.7%), and coaching (3.9%).

Out of 122 professional sports franchises in the 4 major sports, YOUR Cincinnati Bengals have finished dead last in 2011. http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/201...est_in_sports/

In an effort to not pile on and continue to beat a dead horse... that died in 1991... I have listed a few points of optimism Cincinnati sports fans can hopefully take away from this poll...

- The Reds finished 15th best!
    - The worst professional football team is still better than the best professional soccer team!
    - Who Dey, the Bengals mascot, is the former Blue Blob (from 2001-2005) who routinely gets voted to the Pro Bowl!
    - Mike brown is 74. His legendary father lived to 82. If history repeats itself, that's only 8 more years of suffering (or until you can at least direct your hatred to a new target of Pete Brown or Katie Blackburn).
    - In a completely unscientific poll... I have ranked Bengals Director of Operations Jim Lippincott as having the #1 FUPA in all of sports!
    - I am a Browns fan, so I have no room to brag. The single reason we're not ranked below the Bengals is due to the reputation of Mike Holmgren. Furthermore, two of your former franchise faces (Boomer & Collinsworth) are highly respected studio and booth analysts. Our former franchise face (Kosar) gets bombed before every TV appearance. Lastly... Knowing what you know now... If given the choice, would you have traded Mike Brown for Art Modell in 1991?
    Last edited by Blue Blooded-05; 06-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    Knowing what you know now... If given the choice, would you have traded Mike Brown for Art Modell in 1991?
    Sure, why not? Cincy ponied right up for its stadium, so the Bengals would have hung. And Art Modell won the Super Bowl. Let me repeat that for DC Muskie: Art Modell won a Super Bowl with the franchise formerly known as the Cleveland Browns.

MY Washington Redskins finished #121... So, I really can't talk trash about that.

Meanwhile, the Tampa Bay Lightning finished second. SECOND! How in the world? Even the ESPN guys on Sportscenter were like, "Really? Curious..."
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

If you still own season tickets for this crap, you should be beaten about your face and crotch with an old boot.

Quote Originally Posted by MCXU View Post
    If you still own season tickets for this crap, you should be beaten about your face and crotch with an old boot.
    Amen

Come on now guys. It was completely worth handing Mike Brown a 500 million dollar check. The county is is in great financial shape. Why not?

Without the stadium, Mike Brown would have taken his talents to Los Angeles. That would have been awful.
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 06-16-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Agreed.

You're all missing what's important here. The Green Bay Packers are the Best sports franchise. Something I already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    Come on now guys. It was completely worth handing Mike Brown a 500 million dollar check. The county is is in great financial shape. Why not?

Without the stadium, Mike Brown would have taken his talents to Los Angeles. That would have been awful.
    I will never forget my first Bengals game in 2002 (my soph year at X). The line to purchase "Mike Brown Sucks" buttons was longer than the line to enter the stadium. That says everything you need to know.
    Last edited by Blue Blooded-05; 06-16-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Public Reps.
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)