Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MCXU View Post
    Racist!
    I don't see race. I'm like Stephen Colbert. I believe myself to be white because that's what other people tell me, and I live in a gated community ;)

(I don't really live in a gated community.)
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm not sure that's right. He was fully in compliance. He reported his winnings and was apparently wiling to forgo the food stamps if that was the decision of the state agency. His decision to continue may not be my favorite ever, but it wasn't him who claimed to be entitled to the food stamps. It was the government. He's just enjoying the favorable result of their decision.

I don't love the guy's actions, but the bulk of the blame goes to the government in my opinion.
    I'm not arguing the fact that the whole system isn't corrupt and flawed. It is. However, this guy still has the opportunity to not use the cards even though he was given them. That's the part that is upsetting. Yes. He reported his winnings. Yes. The government told him the lottery winnings didn't matter. But, he could still say "You know, I've been living off the government for some time now. Wouldn't it be nice if now that I have this money in my bank account, I paid for my own groceries instead of letting the taxpayers do so." He can still do the right thing by not using the food stamps and thereby not spending the money since he can now afford to buy his own groceries.
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by XULucho27 View Post
    You want an entitled a**hole. This guy (freak) chooses to live his life as a baby, complete with a live in nurse. They even have a P.C. name for it, "adult baby."

Stanley the Adult Baby

Now I know you're wondering, "what does this guy's fetish (or whatever the hell you want to call it) have to do with entitlement." Well the guy is actually perfectly capable of functioning like a regular human being but claims he cannot hold down a steady job and therefore lives off of disability benefits. Not only that, when threatened with losing his benefits, this is the fantastic response he gives:

I'm with you Lady Muskie, this pervasive "me first" entitlement attitude is what has this country in this shape. I hope they cut his checks and I hope he offs himself. The guy is a waste resources.
    Is that the picture of that same guy from the DC Muskie needs a date thread? That's disturbing on so many levels. I can't look at another picture of that guy. He gives me the creeps.
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    Is that the picture of that same guy from the DC Muskie needs a date thread? That's disturbing on so many levels. I can't look at another picture of that guy. He gives me the creeps.
    Sorry didn't see that had been posted already. I agree the guy is creepy as hell and costs everyone money. Waste of life.
    "He's just saying that because he loses every year. If I got my butt kicked, I'd say the same thing."

I'm not sure that's right. He was fully in compliance. He reported his winnings and was apparently wiling to forgo the food stamps if that was the decision of the state agency. His decision to continue may not be my favorite ever, but it wasn't him who claimed to be entitled to the food stamps. It was the government. He's just enjoying the favorable result of their decision.

I don't love the guy's actions, but the bulk of the blame goes to the government in my opinion.
    God forbid we expect people to distinguish between the right thing and what's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by blobfan View Post
    God forbid we expect people to distinguish between the right thing and what's legal.
    Yes! This is what I was trying to say, only blobfan said it better and more succinctly than I.
    Zip Em Up!

Yeah, bullshit.

I went out to dinner tonight. We had a coupon good for $5 off a $20 food purchase. We hadn't actually hit $20 in food excluding alcohol. I pointed that out to our wiatress who said she'd ask the manager. The manager accidentally took $20 off when they weren't even obligated to take the $5 off. They presented me with a new bill for $20 less than the original total. I could have taken the "favorable result of their decision" angle, but that wasn't the deal. I called their attention to the error, and paid what I should have.

I hate the "it's okay to take advantage" mentality.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick