Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns in bars

What happened in Tennessee? Did people go crazy shooting up bars or something since they passed the law. I bet they didn't, but I didn't care to google it.

If the bars allow it and the people have their concealed carry permit I wouldn't have a problem with it. I also wonder about the statistics of conceal carry permit holders, and how many of them are criminals. I would be willing to be that is a pretty good filter for good citizens. I wonder if anyone has looked at that.

I know 1 person with a concealed carry. He owned his own business and is now retired. He isn't a crime threat, he is a good shot and you would be happy to have him around packing if some real criminals came through and the shit hit the fan.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    What about the local neighborhood restaurant that happens to have a bar and serve alcohol? The vote wasn't just for places that were strictly bars.
    Well really, in my personal life, I don't like guns. I'm not a huge fan of gun restriction laws either. I don't think people shouldn't be able to own them etc.

I'm not sure why people need to conceal them. What's the point of that exactly? The entire thought process of concealed weapon laws is based on fear in my opinion. I choose to live my life without fear.

I think if you are a guy and you have a concealed weapon and feel like to need to walk into a bar, or a restaurant that serves alcohol, you are probably walking into that place by yourself. Because you are not getting any pussy. And that's probably because you have an incredibly small penis.

That's just what I think. Guns don't make you safer. Putting yourself into situations that don't cause conflict make you safer.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Well really, in my personal life, I don't like guns. I'm not a huge fan of gun restriction laws either. I don't think people shouldn't be able to own them etc.

I'm not sure why people need to conceal them. What's the point of that exactly? The entire thought process of concealed weapon laws is based on fear in my opinion. I choose to live my life without fear.

I think if you are a guy and you have a concealed weapon and feel like to need to walk into a bar, or a restaurant that serves alcohol, you are probably walking into that place by yourself. Because you are not getting any pussy. And that's probably because you have an incredibly small penis.

That's just what I think. Guns don't make you safer. Putting yourself into situations that don't cause conflict make you safer.
    Well my penis is the average size for an American white male, so I am just fine with that.

So you would prefer every jackass criminal to carry because they disregard the laws, but law abiding citizen cannot? It's not about overcompensating for dick size, it's about safety against animals who don't give a shit.

You're telling me you have never been in an area of town that wasn't the safest? Walking around Norwood could be dangerous, why not protect yourself?

Well my penis is the average size for an American white male, so I am just fine with that.

So you would prefer every jackass criminal to carry because they disregard the laws, but law abiding citizen cannot? It's not about overcompensating for dick size, it's about safety against animals who don't give a shit.

You're telling me you have never been in an area of town that wasn't the safest? Walking around Norwood could be dangerous, why not protect yourself?
    First off congratulations on your penis. You own your average-ness. Got to respect that.

Second of all, where did I say that people who abide by laws shouldn't own guns? I thought I made it clear I'm not against people who are not criminals owning them.

But why conceal them? What's the point of that?

I have managed to be alive for over 35 years and have never been in a position where people wanted to kill me. I'm not sure where you live, or why you think people think so highly of you that you would be a target.

For some reason, there are some people in this country who think the most likely chance you have of having your life being threatened, is by some criminal animal who just doesn't give a shit.

You could die by a drunk driver. You could die from cancer. You could die of boredom. You could die tomorrow, or 20 years from now, or you could die in your sleep.

I just don't understand the boogyman mentality. I certainly don't understand the need to protect yourself in a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol. I usually go to places where people look like me, probably have the same background, etc. If I ever was in a bar and found out a person had a concealed weapon I'd probably laugh at them. Probably something like, "Dude, you have a gun? Do you not get laid? Are you kidding me? Let me bought you a round, since it's obvious you can't afford any self esteem."

I mean I have walked through Norwood in the middle of the day and at night. Nothing ever happened. I could walk at night all over Ward 8 in DC. Probably not the best idea. But is a gun going to keep me safe? The better question is, why am I there in the first place?

To me people who have guns need them because they can't make responsible decisions and having a gun will somehow make up for that deficiency.

I have managed to be alive for over 35 years and have never been in a position where people wanted to kill me. I'm not sure where you live, or why you think people think so highly of you that you would be a target.

For some reason, there are some people in this country who think the most likely chance you have of having your life being threatened, is by some criminal animal who just doesn't give a shit.

You could die by a drunk driver. You could die from cancer. You could die of boredom. You could die tomorrow, or 20 years from now, or you could die in your sleep.

I just don't understand the boogyman mentality. I certainly don't understand the need to protect yourself in a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol. I usually go to places where people look like me, probably have the same background, etc. If I ever was in a bar and found out a person had a concealed weapon I'd probably laugh at them. Probably something like, "Dude, you have a gun? Do you not get laid? Are you kidding me? Let me bought you a round, since it's obvious you can't afford any self esteem."
    Yeah man, I'm sure you're hung like a horse. That's awesome, I'm sure the ladies love you. DC Casanova is your new name.

1) I have my license bu have never carried but I like knowing I can.

2) I don't think I am a target, but what happens if someone else is a target? Or what if I mugged simply because I am walking of the streets of downtown and they wanted my money?

3) Sure you can die from many things but if I can carry a gun and can stop a person from killing me, why not take advantage of that?

4) Maybe people who had own guns would laugh at you because you sound like a pussy. I believe in settling things with fists, but some people out there don't and go further than that. Everyone I know who owns a gun has never used it to feel like a bigger man or to get chicks. I don't know where you are getting this shit about how guns and getting laid are somehow related. For most people, which includes me, guns are simply a hobby. Whether that includes hunting or shooting at targets or skeet or whatever. Do you feel more empowered because you somehow feel like you are above gun ownership? Good for you but Jesus, you come off sounding like holier than thou douche because you don't agree with people lawfully carrying guns. I am sure they're is plenty of crap that you do that is within the law that I don't agree with, but I bet I wouldn't draw horrible comparison between that activity and dick size/getting laid.
    Last edited by Juice; 05-11-2011 at 10:09 PM.

I feel that this bill is aimed more towards employees and owners of these bars and restaurants. Having a few friends that work at a bar, I know that there are nights that they are there until 3:30-4am cleaning and closing up with only 2 or 3 of them there. This seems like a time when break-ins and robberies happen.
    Last edited by kenny powers; 05-11-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Yeah man, I'm sure you're hung like a horse. That's awesome, I'm sure the ladies love you. DC Casanova is your new name.

1) I have my license bu have never carried but I like knowing I can.

2) I don't think I am a target, but what happens if someone else is a target? Or what if I mugged simply because I am walking of the streets of downtown and they wanted my money?

3) Sure you can die from many things but if I can carry a gun and can stop a person from killing me, why not take advantage of that?

4) Maybe people who had own guns would laugh at you because you sound like a pussy. I believe in settling things with fists, but some people out there don't and go further than that. Everyone I know who owns a gun has never used it to feel like a bigger man or to get chicks. I don't know where you are getting this shit about how guns and getting laid are somehow related. For most people, which includes me, guns are simply a hobby. Whether that includes hunting or shooting at targets or skeet or whatever. Do you feel more empowered because you somehow feel like you are above gun ownership? Good for you but Jesus, you come off sounding like holier than thou douche because you don't agree with people lawfully carrying guns. I am sure they're is plenty of crap that you do that is within the law that I don't agree with, but I bet I wouldn't draw horrible comparison between that activity and dick size/getting laid.
    First off women love me. They love me so much they can only handle me once.

But seriously, did you just tell me you don't even carry your gun? Then what the hell are you arguing about? You like knowing that if you actually DID carry your gun, you could? Excuse me, what the hell is that about?

Let's use your example in number 2. Don't you think criminals who want your money are most likely going to catch you by surprise? Are you going to be some quick draw McGraw and be able to shoot them? You going to shoot anyone who asks you what time it is? What do law enforcement people tell us if we are in that situation? Give them what they want. Do you not think that you pulling out a gun it would escalate the situation? Just give them your $2 and IHOP gift certificates and be done with it. Rather then have the possibility of dying over some pancakes. That's something that never gets discussed. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean criminal animals will lose. They have just a good a chance of killing you. That's the actual equation when people carry around concealed weapons. Maybe if we don't conceal them, people will know that you mean business and have at least average size white balls.

Your example proves my point. We could run through a million possible scenarios. The point is there is no cut and dry situation that can result in you protecting yourself without harm simply because you have a gun. You seem to live in some sort of fear. I don't. No holier than thou, but certainly we can both agree that pussies are more afraid of things, then guys who have at least average size white penises.

Your point number three is silly because how will you know if you never actually carry the gun in the first place? What would happen if you are walking the streets of Norwood and someone jumps you and your gun is locked away not helping you? Man that would suck. Isn't this a all or nothing prospect? If you know you are going to walk through Norwood at night, wouldn't you make it a point to bring your gun with you? If you didn't plan on walking through Norwood, it begs the question...why exactly are you walking through Norwood? Could it be an opportunity to get laid? That would make me throw caution to the wind.

You keep bringing up the fact that somehow I don't think people should own guns. I'm not sure why you keep falling back on that. Probably because you refuse or can't come up with a good reason as to why you need a concealed weapon when you walk into a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol. I think that should be a pretty easy question to answer.

If it's a hobby used to shoot skeets, or animals who are not criminals, why are you so adamant about the importance of being able to conceal it when you walk into a bar, when you just told me, your gun is never actually on you?

This entire thread is about being able to bring guns that are concealed into a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol. I really think if you walk into a bar with a concealed gun simply because you can, is because you are trying to impress someone. I would hope that someone has a vagina. I mean I don't see too many people who actually have pussies being so forward about having guns in bars. Maybe I'm wrong. Lord knows if I walk into a bar and most of the women are packing, I'm totally screwed. Not in a good way, where I am on the bottom either.

You choose to live your life without fear? Really? Seriously? I can't even comprehend a life without fear. Do you lock your doors at night? Do you leave your wallet in your car on the passenger seat? Do you have an alarm system or an apartment with a security door? Fear by the way is good. It keeps us from doing some really stupid things and protects us. I don't tap dance on cliffs for a reason. But you choose to live your life without it.

Fear is a strong signal that something is wrong. It is an animal instinct. It is a "gut reaction" or an intuition. We all feel fear. You can't choose to live your life without it even if you wanted and even if you could you probably wouldn't live long. With George Bush people loved to talk about "The Politics of Fear". All Politics is fear. Sure, things will be chippy if you elect me, but if you don't (insert fear factor here). No politician endorses his opponent or gives him praise. It is all about fear.

Again, Fear is good. Why do we have fear? Why do we have Pain? We have pain because something is wrong. You just put your hand on a hot stove. Without pain you would keep it there and let it cook away. Pain says "HELL NO!". And after touching that hot stove once you fear it again. Fear says "Something is Not Good" We all have fears, and you can't choose a life without fear whether you want to or not. And wait until you have children. I pray that if anything bad happens that it will hopefully happen to me and not them. My kid broke his arm awhile back and I wished it was me. I have had nightmares of my kids drowning or falling down the stairs when they were toddlers. I think our financial system collapsed, and that the dollar could collapse as well. I live in fear. And you say you are oblivious to it. It is a defense mechanism, and you should pay attention to it.

You say the law for concealed carry is based on fear. I would like you to explain that. I would then like you to point out a law that is not based upon fear. Name one.

Every law is based on fear. Laws are enforced by men with guns. Every law is enforced by men with guns. If I rape a woman, I could go to jail. The men with guns would find me and send me away. Talk about a law based upon fear. What if I shot your a guy? I would be done for if caught, think of the horrible life I would have. Get rid of these rape and murder laws that are based on fear!! Or not, you silly little liberal.

If I don't pay my property taxes, my house will go to auction on a tax lien. Say I am a big liberal and I refuse to support the imperial Obama wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya and wherever else we like to spend millions to kill people. Say I refuse to give them monetary support as a matter of conscious. My house would be sold at a tax auction, but I am going to protest and keep living in it. Guess what? At some point men with guns show up and take me out of my house. It isn't my house anymore.

Property taxes are laws that are based upon Fear! DC Muskie doesn't have to pay them. Why live your life in fear?

Every law is enforced by men with guns. Every law is based on fear. Every political argument is based upon fear. You should see this. If a point wasn't in political contention that is because it is generally accepted and we all agree with it. Hence, it wouldn't be political. The only things that are in contention are political, and it flows from that: FEAR!

Name me a law or a contentious issue that isn't based upon fear?

Are you happy we killed Bin Laden? Why did we do that? I think fear might have had something to do with that. In fact, once he is dead we have a little less fear going around. That is a good thing.

You are in denial, and it is a childish denial. You attribute the "politics of fear" to your political enemies while acting like it has no place in your own life. It exists for all of us. Both sides use it, the government uses it, our overall culture uses it, and it is indeed very useful on a personal level. If your gut tells you to fear something, your best bet is to listen to your instinct.

I fear your response to this. I don't want you to make me look like an idiot.
    Last edited by Snipe; 05-12-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny powers View Post
    I feel that this bill is aimed more towards employees and owners of these bars and restaurants. Having a few friends that work at a bar, I know that there are nights that they are there until 3:30-4am cleaning and closing up with only 2 or 3 of them there. This seems like a time when break-ins and robberies happen.
    That is a great point Kenny. If you know the people with the money inside aren't allowed to have guns it makes your job easy as a criminal.

When Texas went to concealed carry criminals used to drive across the border to rob banks. I should google some articles on that. I think at one point a border state tried to sue Texas for the increase in crime (while it decreased in Texas).

This entire thread is about being able to bring guns that are concealed into a bar or a restaurant that serves alcohol. I really think if you walk into a bar with a concealed gun simply because you can, is because you are trying to impress someone. I would hope that someone has a vagina. I mean I don't see too many people who actually have pussies being so forward about having guns in bars. Maybe I'm wrong. Lord knows if I walk into a bar and most of the women are packing, I'm totally screwed. Not in a good way, where I am on the bottom either.
    Not sure, but did you just call him a fag? Cool!

Why do you attack the other? Is he trying to be a hero? Does he have a small penis? You psychoanalyze the issue to the point of hilarity.

You actually said this:

I just don't understand the boogyman mentality. I certainly don't understand the need to protect yourself
    You certainly don't understand the need for someone to protect themselves? That explains quite a bit. The number one reason people would carry a gun is for protection.

That, and the reason that they are all faggots with small dicks who live their lives in fear. Really, you went there? Is that the little place you like to go when people think different than you?

What a small man you are there, and I am not talking about your penis. I could care less. Spare me the details.

Here are my links:

More Guns, Less Crime (wiki)

More Guns, Less Crime (Amazon)
    Last edited by Snipe; 05-12-2011 at 12:39 AM.