Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Guns in bars

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Not sure why people would feel the need to go out and have a good time with friends at a bar and bring their gun along.
    After 9 pages of small/average/large dicks, faggots, constitutional rights, mom rape, etc., still haven't heard a good explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalLife View Post
    Then why did you mention sock exclusively? I would assume you are aware that many people have used holstered weapons to fend off those who have malicious intentions. Why then would a sock be any different?
    It just doesn't make much sense, that's all.
    "Sock" was just an example. But my overall point was that if your life is threatened by someone who wants your possessions, chances are, you're not going to have the opportunity to reach into your holster, sock, sports bra, crotch pocket to get your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    "Sock" was just an example. But my overall point was that if your life is threatened by someone who wants your possessions, chances are, you're not going to have the opportunity to reach into your holster, sock, sports bra, crotch pocket to get your gun.
    They do make nifty holsters that go in your pockets so you can conceal the gun in your pocket but it also is secure and not just moving around. It would be easier to reach for it this way because it is not as obvious and you could pretend you're getting your money. But yeah overall, there isn't much of a chance a person would be able to reach for their gun when held at gun point.

I guess that would depend.
    You may be able to break away from the person or if you had the kind of quick draw some folks have, you may be able to dump on them before they can react.
    That's assuming they're aware you happen to be there and there isn't someone else to help.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalLife View Post
    I guess that would depend.
    You may be able to break away from the person or if you had the kind of quick draw some folks have, you may be able to dump on them before they can react.
    That's assuming they're aware you happen to be there and there isn't someone else to help.
    To me, that sounds too risky. If they have me at gun- or knifepoint and want the contents of my wallet, they can have it, even if I was inclined to have a gun on my person. I'd be worried if I made any sudden move to get my gun, that would be it for me. And if I was the quick one, I would have to live with the fact that I killed someone for the rest of my life. Lose-lose, in my opinion.

I feel bad for people like Madxter who was defenseless and got jumped and probably didn't know what was happening to him until it was happening to him. That's gotta be scary. Sorry to hear that, Mad. Glad you're alive though.

In many instances, people just want your money. It's not worth someone getting hurt or dying, even if it's the other guy. That is just my opinion, which I guess is to be expected considering Fred GarvinRedux called me a "faggot" the other day.

To me, that sounds too risky. If they have me at gun- or knifepoint and want the contents of my wallet, they can have it, even if I was inclined to have a gun on my person. I'd be worried if I made any sudden move to get my gun, that would be it for me. And if I was the quick one, I would have to live with the fact that I killed someone for the rest of my life. Lose-lose, in my opinion.

I feel bad for people like Madxter who was defenseless and got jumped and probably didn't know what was happening to him until it was happening to him. That's gotta be scary. Sorry to hear that, Mad. Glad you're alive though.

In many instances, people just want your money. It's not worth someone getting hurt or dying, even if it's the other guy. That is just my opinion, which I guess is to be expected considering Fred GarvinRedux called me a "faggot" the other day.
    I think it comes down to a matter of my life weighed against someone else's.
    I really have no sympathy for those who rob or use violence against normal citizens. You have no right to rob or harm anyone and you lack that basic empathy to not harm others, you are not what I consider human. Ending those sort of people is no different imo then putting down a sick dog.

But I understand the side you seem to be on. You would have to live with it but that is why we cannot dwell on the things that have already happened.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Crawdad that sucks. Hope they catch em.
    Caught those jerks who broke in my home. 2 guys and 1 gal arrested. Got them on video after using my wife's credit at multiple locations. They apparently worked as a team with walkie-talkies. One enterred the home. The other stood at vantage points and observed those in the home/approaching the home to alert the other.

Cops have them all in jail on $10,000 bond with 8 counts of fraud, 4 counts of possession of stolen property, 2 counts of something else. They are being interogated and checked for DNA, prints, and such from the crime scene to see if we can move forward with burglary charges as well.

Unfortunately, my wife's purse, car keys and such remain to be found. However, they found a stash of jewelry and other stolen goods.

Seems to possibly be drug related per the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    Caught those jerks who broke in my home. 2 guys and 1 gal arrested. Got them on video after using my wife's credit at multiple locations. They apparently worked as a team with walkie-talkies. One enterred the home. The other stood at vantage points and observed those in the home/approaching the home to alert the other.

Cops have them all in jail on $10,000 bond with 8 counts of fraud, 4 counts of possession of stolen property, 2 counts of something else. They are being interogated and checked for DNA, prints, and such from the crime scene to see if we can move forward with burglary charges as well.

Unfortunately, my wife's purse, car keys and such remain to be found. However, they found a stash of jewelry and other stolen goods.

Seems to possibly be drug related per the cops.
    Drug-related, like they were trying to get together money to buy drugs? I've had two probably junkies brutally attack my friend (a delivery driver) with a bat and flatbar for what amounted to $80. They were probably junkies, because generally only people that desperate would initiate such a high risk-low reward scenario (If you're caught, you're in jail for a loooooong time).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Drug-related, like they were trying to get together money to buy drugs? I've had two probably junkies brutally attack my friend (a delivery driver) with a bat and flatbar for what amounted to $80. They were probably junkies, because generally only people that desperate would initiate such a high risk-low reward scenario (If you're caught, you're in jail for a loooooong time).
    That seems to be the case. They are acquiring goods to pawn/sell for drugs. This is the first time apparently they got a hold of credit cards and their actions led to their arrest. The problem is technically they are just charged with having/using stolen property. Cops are still trying to build a case for the actual break-in.