Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns in bars

Guns in bars

It's looking like its going to become law in Ohio. The measure would allow people to carry concealed guns into restaurants or bars as long as the license holder does not drink any alcohol. The House is also voting on allowing people convicted of certain misdemeanor drug offenses to possess firearms. What do you guys think?

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...108/305110045/

Guns in bars just doesn't seem like a great idea to me, and I am pro concealed carry.
    Eat Donuts!

Junior
    The bar owners could still put up the "no guns allowed" sign or whatever though, right? If so- I Imagine pretty much every bar would do that and it would not be a problem.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The bar owners could still put up the "no guns allowed" sign or whatever though, right? If so- I Imagine pretty much every bar would do that and it would not be a problem.
    Is that a provision of the law? If not, I don't think a bar owner could contravene a statutory right.

For the record, I agree with boozehound that it is a bad mix.

I am biased because I have my CCW license but I am for it.

The type of person who would carry and conceal a gun in a bar is usually one of the most responsible gun owners you can find. Most people confuse CCW and simply carrying a gun. They assume any jackass off the street is now allowed to put a gun in his pocket and go anywhere. Most people don't realize that you have to go through a background check, and pass a written and a shooting test (both are jokes). I am not accusing you guys of being those people, but reading the comments from morons on Cincinnati.com gets me pretty mad because people simply don't know the facts.

I am little iffy on allowing people with a drug history but as long as it's low level stuff it really shouldn't matter. I don't believe that someone who carried a little weed in their pocket when they were 20 should be disqualified from carrying a gun later.

I have had my CCW license for 2 years now and have never once carried a gun on me except for when I was going to a range. But it is nice to know I can carry if I ever feel the need.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac03 View Post
    Is that a provision of the law? If not, I don't think a bar owner could contravene a statutory right.

Private businesses can choose not to allow people with CCW licenses to carry a gun on their property. Look at the window of a restaurant or store the next time you walk in. A lot of them will have stickers/signs on the window saying they don't allow guns in their place, which is their right because it's their property.

I have enough problems with mouths and fists as weapons, let alone guns. None for me please.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I am biased because I have my CCW license but I am for it.

The type of person who would carry and conceal a gun in a bar is usually one of the most responsible gun owners you can find. Most people confuse CCW and simply carrying a gun. They assume any jackass off the street is now allowed to put a gun in his pocket and go anywhere. Most people don't realize that you have to go through a background check, and pass a written and a shooting test (both are jokes). I am not accusing you guys of being those people, but reading the comments from morons on Cincinnati.com gets me pretty mad because people simply don't know the facts.

I am little iffy on allowing people with a drug history but as long as it's low level stuff it really shouldn't matter. I don't believe that someone who carried a little weed in their pocket when they were 20 should be disqualified from carrying a gun later.

I have had my CCW license for 2 years now and have never once carried a gun on me except for when I was going to a range. But it is nice to know I can carry if I ever feel the need.
    I don't think that prevents me from carrying in a concealed weapon into those businesses though does it? Wouldn't those stickers only apply to someone carrying their firearm in a holster in the open? Even then the most they could do is kick me out.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmac03 View Post

Says the guy with a shotgun duck taped under his desk.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

When it passed in Tennessee pretty much every bar and restaurant immediately put up no guns allowed signs.
    Nashvegas, baby!