Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanxman04 View Post
    Can't the mods make a political forum too? And then can we take that political forum, and keep those threads from showing up on the same page like the networking one? Those who are passionate about it can keep coming back and checking on it.

I hate politics. Maybe it's because I don't want to grow up, but man, politics just gets everyone's panties in a bunch, and truthfully, it sours this board in my opinion.

Fred, this isn't just you. It's a fair lot on here. It's nothing personal folks, but man, I just want to come on here to read about sports. Call me a child (Lord knows I have the maturity of one), but I just f*cking hate politics.
    I love politics, but I have to admit I think your idea has merit. Political "discourse" has turned into name calling and whining. Not just around these parts, but the country in general. Hell, my own dad called me a crazy environmentalist nutjob last night. And that was when we were mostly agreeing on something!

I don't think we need a separate forum. This board hasn't been too crazy with the politics.

I think we have enough forums as it is. Look down the list of topics in the Out on the Mall forum - it's not like it's even half politics. And then we'd get into issues such as where do you put a thread about streetcars? Where do union discussions go? How about library funding? Does that automatically all get lumped into "politics"?

If you just want to read about sports, stay in the sports related forums. I really think it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    I think we have enough forums as it is. Look down the list of topics in the Out on the Mall forum - it's not like it's even half politics. And then we'd get into issues such as where do you put a thread about streetcars? Where do union discussions go? How about library funding? Does that automatically all get lumped into "politics"?

If you just want to read about sports, stay in the sports related forums. I really think it's as simple as that.
    Fair enough. In that case I would suggest the answer is more civility rather than a separate forum. Some of the political topics belong in the smack forum more than anywhere. It drives me crazy that politics can't be discussed without name-calling. I'm not suggesting policy changes, just self-policing. I think some really good posters (one says as much above) are turned off of the whole forum because of the political heat.

As I said, I love politics. But I think perhaps people could realize that we are all Xavier fans and act accordingly.