Huntington, WV
    Ht: 6'6
    Wt: 175
    Class: 2012(High School)

Rivals ranking: 26 position, 125 overall
    Scout: 14 position, 4 star
    ESPN: 93

Strengths:
    Webster-Chan brings a very aggressive and attacking approach to the wing position. He has good length and is very athletic. Webster-Chan gets to the rack on a regular basis where he can finish with ease with athletic ability and body control. He can hit open threes when in a groove when his feet are set with needed time and space. Webster-Chan is a good ball handler and passer as well which allows him to help at the point. He is a good defensive rebounder and is a threat to go coast to coast. Webster-Chan is also a multiple position defender as well he does a good job of using his length to pressure the ball and also has good anticipation in the passing lanes.

Weaknesses:
    Webster-Chan will need to add strength to his long wiry body and he must work to be a better and more consistent three point shooter. He also at times can get sped up into turnovers.

Bottom Line:
    Webster-Chan is an athletic slasher with good size and matching athletic ability. He is a match up problem on the perimeter because of his versatility. He can handle, pass and rebound which allows him to help at the point as well. If Webster-Chan improves his jumper from beyond the arc he could have some unguardable possessions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmcQOUhVuX8

One of Sim's best friends. A recent decommit from UL

Other Offers: UL, UC, Iowa State, Marquette, Oklahoma State, UNLV, West Virginia
    Others Interested: BC, GTown, Maryland, OSU, Pitt

GilMuako Gilbert Muako
    According SG Negus Webster-Chan, he will take an unofficial visit 2 Xavier tomorrow, his AAU teammate Sim Bhullar recently committed there

Collegiate_hoop College Basketball
    Former Louisville commit Negus Webster-Chan '12 of Huntington Prep will visit Xavier tomorrow.
    14 hours ago
    Last edited by JimmyTwoTimes37; 05-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.

RickBroering Rick Broering
    Classic quote from Negus Webster-Chan about his teammate/friend Sim Bhullar - "We're like brothers. I knew him before he was 7-foot."

I'm not sure small forward is a huge need in 2012 with Martin and Wells both only sophomores, though both my get minutes at the 2 as well.

If there still around after we win the NC.

Kind of off topic, but does anyone else understand why we continue to go after SFs and PFs for the upcoming years? Are we not absolutely loaded at these positions? I have not heard about us recruiting any guards outside of Graham, DSR, and Myles Davis in the longest time for 2012.

Why? :confused:
    Long Live the X.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    RickBroering Rick Broering
    Classic quote from Negus Webster-Chan about his teammate/friend Sim Bhullar - "We're like brothers. I knew him before he was 7-foot."

I'm not sure small forward is a huge need in 2012 with Martin and Wells both only sophomores, though both my get minutes at the 2 as well.
    Redshirt him. He'll come out with added coaching and experience and you'll have one less open scholly to worry about when the other two become upperclassmen. Besides, the scouting report says he's lacking strength, surely he'll get more conditioning at X then he will where he's at.
    If Pitino wanted him, he probably is a pretty good get.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalLife View Post
    That's what Tim Sypher said about Karen Sypher

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalLife View Post
    Redshirt him. He'll come out with added coaching and experience and you'll have one less open scholly to worry about when the other two become upperclassmen. Besides, the scouting report says he's lacking strength, surely he'll get more conditioning at X then he will where he's at.
    This would work out well for us I'm sure, but I doubt a player like him will want to redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    Kind of off topic, but does anyone else understand why we continue to go after SFs and PFs for the upcoming years? Are we not absolutely loaded at these positions? I have not heard about us recruiting any guards outside of Graham, DSR, and Myles Davis in the longest time for 2012.

We're also after Kareem Canty and I'm pretty sure a few others.

This can change very quickly in recruiting. Just 2 weeks ago, X wasn't even recruiting Chan.

I think when the opportunity comes to take a top 60/70 recruit, you take him then figure it out -not saying that's the case with this recruit just in general.

I haven't heard a word about Chan's visit but I'm sure it went well

My guess is there ain't that many 4 star bigs out there.