Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Personally, Canty was always behind DSR, Myles and Christon on my wish list, even when he was about 12 hours away from committing to us. I just get the impression (based off interviews and quotes) that he is a little to self-focused as a player and he can go on binges of poor decision-making when the game isn't coming to him. Don't get me wrong, he is a talent for sure, but I think our other guard prospects (two of which are now commits) have games that better suit our style. I do feel a little bad for the kid, because it sounds like he was handling his recruitment just fine until he let Dingle get involved, but such is life for many big time high school players. It sounds like he may have realized this firsthand, but not until after the bridge was burned between himself and his first choice school. Best of luck to him, but I think this one worked out for the best for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Mack doesn't go for that baloney. Let the kid make up his own mind. As soon as "outsiders" and "handlers" appear, he's out. See Micheal Chandler. Sad 'cuz Canty had a terrific visit to X and seemed very comfortable with Staff/Players.
    Dingleberry better come up with a great plan b.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Sounds like Seton Hall
    So what happened to that "west coast" interest?---- Other than going to prep school in Arizona. Maybe now Dingle contacted a guy at Seton Hall and they are now the "safety school"?

AAU "advisors" ought to keep their freaking mouths shut.......And kids should make up their own minds.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 08-01-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Canty commits to Marshall.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    So what happened to that "west coast" interest?---- AAU "advisors" ought to keep their freaking mouths shut.......And kids should make up their own minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Nice job by Dingle as far as looking out for his player. Talks him out of a Xavier commit and the kid winds up at that basketball powerhouse Marshall.

I repeat: "AAU "advisors" ought to keep their freaking mouths shut.......And kids should make up their own minds."

Meanwhile, XU is miles ahead with errrr, Davis.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

AAU ball in general is a cesspool. It's unfortunate the was these losers mess with kids future so that they can feel like big shots. Dana Dingle, I'm looking in your direction here...

Good luck to Canty at Marshall. Still not sure how he ended up there, of all places.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I figured he would end up at Seton Hall after Kyle Anderson chose UCLA.

Ironically enough, Scout.com's profile on Kareem Canty lists his biggest need for improvement as:

"Decision making."

:D
    Long Live the X.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    Ironically enough, Scout.com's profile on Kareem Canty lists his biggest need for improvement as:

"Decision making."

:D
    Too funny!!
    Balls of Steele!!

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Yeah, he was suspended indefinitely by Bruce Pearl at Auburn about a week ago and now decided to turn pro. I'm sure there will be no red flags there.

It's amazing to read this thread again - Xavier did pretty well with both Semaj Christon and Myles Davis.