Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

Kareem Canty (Commit Other)

Kareem Canty
    Class 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Position PG
    Rivals 3 star ranking

According to the article below X is starting to recruit 6"1 guard Kareem Canty.

http://www.collegiatehoops.net/2011/...visit-two.html

He is visiting X on Memorial day Weekend. I wonder if this is the contingency plan in case DSR commits elsewhere?

At this point it does not look like X has offered. Here is his profile from espn. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/kareem-canty
    Last edited by Xavgrad08; 04-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Looks like he's coming to visit X on June 24th. According to Zags Blog it appears that Rasheen Davis is working on him pretty hard.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/12/k...anning-visits/
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." - The Stranger

Scout.com is much higher on him than Rivals. They have him as a 4 star at #51 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Scout.com is much higher on him than Rivals. They have him as a 4 star at #51 overall.
    He just tweeted that he was invited to an NBA top 100 camp, always a good sign.

Hes said multiple times he has Xavier at the top of his list, partially due to the fact that he has seen the development of Tu Holloway. I expect to see Canty commit to Xavier towards the end of summer, just a guess though. Give me Canty and Myles Davis and I LOVE the class...

Could this turn into another Witherspoon/Canty deal? Maybe DSR/K Canty? Will Canty take Canty's schloarship? I'm confused.

Gotta say once again that X is just killin' in the Recruiting game. Lots of talent wanting to come here.

Canty Nibbles but Hook Not Set...Yet!

Per the New York Post, Kareem Canty considered committing to X on his recent visit but stopped just short. Keep that hook in the water coaches. I'm feeling a big strike coming soon! This would be a great get. A small fish with tons of fight!

"Down to four, Kareem Canty nearing decision"
    Go Musketeers! Go Bombers!

Quote Originally Posted by XU-XHI View Post
    Per the New York Post, Kareem Canty considered committing to X on his recent visit but stopped just short. Keep that hook in the water coaches. I'm feeling a big strike coming soon! This would be a great get. A small fish with tons of fight!

"Down to four, Kareem Canty nearing decision"
    I would love to get a commitment from Kareem Canty!

Here is an "all-access" video on Canty. Good stuff. Gotta love those NYC point guards.

Sophomore
    Thanks Xfactor! He seems like a nice young man with high goals. That is a good thing.
    I hope we can land him. He could be our next Tu Holloway, who knows!?

GO MUSKIES!

Zach Braziller of the NY Post just tweeted that Canty is going to decide soon...

I guess that could mean any day.