Updated Scout Top 100

Per BSnow's Twitter here is the final scout Top 100 for the class of 2011.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...pid=88&yr=2011

Dez and Dee both making appearances. Also Dee gets a mention here: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1067351.html

Man, a top 50 and a top 100 player, not to mention a sleeper prospect (Reynolds) who could turn out to be a stud. I like this class a lot.

Also, they just all seem to have great attitudes and love that they're coming to X.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Man, a top 50 and a top 100 player, not to mention a sleeper prospect (Reynolds) who could turn out to be a stud. I like this class a lot.

Also, they just all seem to have great attitudes and love that they're coming to X.
    It's not just that it makes you feel good to hear a compliment about X, it's the effect these attitudes will have as they play out during their careers. I love the high character players.
    76-53. It's history not footnoted. - wkrq59

#19 PF was 92nd they rank Jalen as #20 PF that means they must have had him JUST outside the Top 100!!

Great Class!!!!
    One Team, ON DEAM!

Freshman
    Sorry-read the article by Snow-"not extremely physically gifted"-I hope he just means not tall. Watched Davis go against 7' and they couldn't stop him. Kind of think Snow's anti-Davis though. Has been for a while-like pulling teeth to get him to say anything positive without the "but" statement after.

All Snow is saying here is that they are small for their positions. Let's be honest, 5-10 and 150 is very small. Drew was that size but his assist/TO ratio was like 6/1 and it took him a couple years to gain weight to be effective at the college level. I think Davis will be good but he will have to retain speed and gain some weight to show it.

Can someone get Snow a ghostwriter already!

Supporting Member
    Take a look at the class of 2012... by my count Xavier was listed for 10 of the top 75!
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Top 100. Of those, numbers going to non-BCS schools:

Memphis 1
    College of Charleston 1
    Xavier 2
    Gonzaga 1
    UCF 2

Only 7 out of 100.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Lavender averaged 11 and dished out 4 assists per game his freshman year. If that is taking a couple years to be effective then I hope Davis is every bit as ineffective his first couple years.

Davis will likely be behind Tu and Lyons for playing time his first year so he might not get many minutes but I wouldn't count him out. He seems to have a high IQ and know how to win. If he went somewhere with fewer experienced pg then he'd probably get serious minutes. If the staff feels he needs to get stronger he could redshirt, assuming Tu comes back, but strength is very much a mental thing when you are on the court. If Davis is not afraid of contact and knows how to brace himself on the defensive end he can do well against far bigger players.