Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Klinger looks to have a weird shot, as if he almost goes off his left hip, doesn't square up very well, but that may be just appearance, because lefties just look weird.

Great jumpshot. You hardly ever see anyone take a midrange jumpshot, and make it their best shot anymore. It's almost always banging underneath, penetrating, or hitting the 3. Concerned about playing underneath. Didn't see any fighting for a rebound, obviously needs to work on strength, but that's going into Xaviers wheelhouse, getting guys stronger. In Mack I trust.

I HATE dayton.

Shocked this kid didn't go to Toledo.

Supporting Member
    I have a logistical question.

We have 2 scholarships open for 2011 right? Why is Farr reclassifying to 2012? Wouldn't it make more sense to bring him on campus as a player we know is going to redshirt a year in order to work on his strength? It would also give him time to learn our system (our freshmen don't seem to have a very good track record of coming in and being able to play right away).

Is there another issue I am not aware of (short credit hours or needs the playing time to develop)?
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

It's always cool to add Musketeers, Bearcat beaters, A10 authorities, Tournament veterans. Welcome!
    76-53. It's history not footnoted. - wkrq59

Talking

Several things stand out for me:
    1)The kid is left handed.
    2)he shoots the basketball instead of jamming it all the time.
    3)He is not afraid of contact. Looked to be grabbing most of his rebounds on quickness and reaction time and by his own admission needs to be stronger and add muscle weight.
    4)Release passes are quick and on the mark. Does not appear to be "ball dominant" --not a hog.
    5) Seems team oriented.
    6)Can shoot free throws.
    7)I still think pairing him with Hammons, a natural center, could put Xavier in clover for the after Kenny Frease days.:D

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I have a logistical question.

We have 2 scholarships open for 2011 right? Why is Farr reclassifying to 2012? Wouldn't it make more sense to bring him on campus as a player we know is going to redshirt a year in order to work on his strength? It would also give him time to learn our system (our freshmen don't seem to have a very good track record of coming in and being able to play right away).

Is there another issue I am not aware of (short credit hours or needs the playing time to develop)?
    My guess is he hasn't qualified through the NCAA clearing house yet. That is a guess only!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I trust Mack a lot, but this concerns me. I do not want someone who may have gone to Toledo instead. I say that, but then again, I back Mack 110 percent, so I will end up loving this recruit. It just concerns me a bit that he could have been going to Toledo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    I trust Mack a lot, but this concerns me. I do not want someone who may have gone to Toledo instead. I say that, but then again, I back Mack 110 percent, so I will end up loving this recruit. It just concerns me a bit that he could have been going to Toledo instead.
    I wonder if Mack's track record (albeit a short sample size) of freshmen barely playing at all their first seasons has hurt XU any. I know Justin Martin probably would have played, but still. Other coaches can tell highly ranked recruits "yeah, if you go to Xavier you won't be allowed to play through your failures, if you see any minutes at all". A big season from Wells, Reynolds, or Davis would go a long way toward rectifying this.

Who knows? Maybe this Farr kid will explode into the rankings his prep year. Also, he might be just the first piece of a class that includes a couple top 100 recruits. Not every recruit can play right away, obviously. My major concern is still replacing Kenny Frease, I would think a top 50 center would get 15-20 minutes per as a freshman in 2012-13, should be an appealing offer.

Farr Out!

Junior
    Yeah, I am not in love with the fact that we beat out Toledo for this kid- but as others have said-gotta give Mack a chance first.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We can always bring Packo's to Cincy to make him feel welcome. Oh wait...