Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    He used to play for Evanston now plays for Maine Central.
    http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/ind...&catid=35:news
    Last edited by Xavier Nation; 02-12-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Beat Butler

He played high school ball at Evanston High School in Evanston, Il. Or do I have him mixed up with another recruit coming next year???
    Section 201 Proud member of the Loudmouths. Our motto: Cheer often and cheer loud. And at times cheer long.

Quote Originally Posted by XURunner85 View Post
    He played high school ball at Evanston High School in Evanston, Il. Or do I have him mixed up with another recruit coming next year???
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he used to play at Evanston and now plays for Maine Central. It is weird though because ESPN says he plays for Maine Central and Rivals says he plays for Evanston.
    Beat Butler

Sophomore
    Just an fyi, Myles Davis is spelled with a Y and not an I.

(I'm really excited to get that kid by the way).

Sorry, my partner changed that....and yes huge get. Lights out shooter
    Beat Butler

I like all our recruits and cannot wait until they get on campus this summer....
    Section 201 Proud member of the Loudmouths. Our motto: Cheer often and cheer loud. And at times cheer long.

Sophomore
    Your article says Evansville, IL. That is the confusion.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Yeah. You are right. I fixed it for clarity.
    Beat Butler

He played at MCI in Pittsfield Maine, which is where Lenny Brown played, this season for his prep year.

Got to see him a couple months ago, early in the season. Physically he will remind you of Derrick Brown, very very long, but has the kind of physique that can be built much much stronger. The game I saw he got into some foul trouble early and sat most of the 1st half, but once the second half started he really established his dominance. Controlled the boards, and showed he had a shot from pretty much anywhere inside the arc. Underneath he plays well above the rim, favoring the throw down over any kind of shot. Certainly has the strength to compete at the 4 for XU next year. As I recall he lists at 6'9" and that's not a stretch, he is a big big man.

The announcer up there stays in touch (i moved out of Maine shortly after that game) saysn he has really stepped up his game, final home game he was the man everywhere, assist machine with maybe 10, able to handle the ball in the half court, controlling the boards with about a dozen, and ended up with 33 points.

This guy will be a real asset to the team.

This is a good video to watch, in white MCI with James Farr, in blue Brewster academy with Semaj Chirston and Jalen Reynolds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZRxQuSKtGA
    Last edited by XU-PA; 02-13-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Farr looks a little overweight in that picture, but I can't tell if it is just the baggy uniform.

Either way it looks like he has the frame to pack on some muscle.

James Farr and Jalen Reynolds are really coming into a pretty solid situation for big men. They will have some good (albeit young) talent around them and they will have the chance to compete for minutes early. That could also pay dividends for Xavier in a few years assuming that they put in the work and develop as players.
    Eat Donuts!