Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This guy moves/plays alot like Derrick Brown. This is exactly what we need. An athletic PF who can draw a less mobile defender from the basket and score. Hopefully he provides the same shot blocking and rebounding presence.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheMack View Post
    This guy moves/plays alot like Derrick Brown. This is exactly what we need. An athletic PF who can draw a less mobile defender from the basket and score. Hopefully he provides the same shot blocking and rebounding presence.
    I think this is a nice analogy. I also thought he looked a bit like a less-awkward Will (Tha Thrill) Caudle, which obviously isn't as kind.
    "The program, the university seek domination. Some schools seek wins; others seek championships. They're seeking championships."
    - St. Joseph's Coach Phil Martelli (8/24/11)

In Mack I trust. If he thinks this kid can play then I'll trust in him. Man I just don't know though. Watching his videos he can shoot and.... This just didn't seem like the type of near elite recruit we had been looking at.

Does remind of Derrick a lot. Wearing #30..

I Like the range he showed. Doesn't seem like we have enough people who can do a pull up or fade away jumper.

I've gotta say, because he is relatively unknown, a 6'8" PF, I must say he reminds me a lot of Jalen Reynolds. Congrats to the big fella and his family. Let's make this puppy shine.

You are all forgetting, this commitment PROBABLY would not have happened had we not had a PF transfer out. This more than likely affects our "transfering-in" status, I would think, as this claims one of the spots opened up by the transfers. Now just add my main man Sim and we've got ourselves two big-time (literally) recruits filling in these roster spots.

Save the other 2 schollys for DSR and Myles Davis in 2012.

Long Live the X.

Sophomore
    The kid looks like he has a smooth stroke. Will be interesting to see which position he plays in college. I am guessing the 3 or 4, but there will be alot of talent ahead of him at those positions.

I would like to have another big body in the class of 2012 along with DSR.

I like the fact that Farr will have another year of seasoning before arriving at XU. Per Rick, Farr didn't play on the bigtime AAU circuit which explains the dearth of national publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    I've gotta say, because he is relatively unknown, a 6'8" PF, I must say he reminds me a lot of Jalen Reynolds. Congrats to the big fella and his family. Let's make this puppy shine.

You are all forgetting, this commitment PROBABLY would not have happened had we not had a PF transfer out. This more than likely affects our "transfering-in" status, I would think, as this claims one of the spots opened up by the transfers. Now just add my main man Sim and we've got ourselves two big-time (literally) recruits filling in these roster spots.

Save the other 2 schollys for DSR and Myles Davis in 2012.

If he's doing a year of prep school, I'm pretty sure he's taking one of the 2012 scholarships, which still leaves two open for 2011 (or one, if Sim is coming like people say he is, which I believe).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    If he's doing a year of prep school, I'm pretty sure he's taking one of the 2012 scholarships, which still leaves two open for 2011 (or one, if Sim is coming like people say he is, which I believe).
    Might as well hold one over for 2012 though. I agree with the others, I want DSR and Myles Davis