Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    Recommendation would be to NOT waste 3+ hours of your life on The Irishman.
    Is it really THAT bad, or just a letdown because it was hailed as the next Goodfellas?
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smails View Post
    Is it really THAT bad, or just a letdown because it was hailed as the next Goodfellas?
    It's not bad, it's just too long. I liked it because I did my senior thesis on the Teamsters and organized crime, so I was interested in their take. It was pretty accurate. The Mob used the Teamsters pension fund as a bank. As a side note, a relative of my wife recently found out his Teamster pension has been cut in half. It's too long, but I'm retired and bored, so I liked it.
    Last edited by JTG; 03-24-2020 at 12:34 PM.

I’ve started the Tiger show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

Is that the one about a world-class golfer and Perkins waitresses?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

As have I. Was hooked after about 8 mins.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Is that the one about a world-class golfer and Perkins waitresses?
    Man I miss Perkins. Havent seen one in a while.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As have I. Was hooked after about 8 mins.
    I watched 3 episodes last night... it's unbelievable...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

It’s not Netflix, but choices are slim, if you have AppleTV, I highly recommend Boy’s State. Really interesting.

Supporting Member
    Two rwcommendations....

1.) For pure entertainment value, Cobra Kai...if you liked karate kid at all, you will love this series.

2.) If you would like to scre the shit out of yourself, watch the documentary, The Social Experiment. Basically, it explains how social media, along with google, manipulate our feelings and thought patterns. I have read quite a bit about the big four and social media and quite frankly for some of the good that it has done, I think society would be way better off without social media.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Two rwcommendations....

1.) For pure entertainment value, Cobra Kai...if you liked karate kid at all, you will love this series.

2.) If you would like to scre the shit out of yourself, watch the documentary, The Social Experiment. Basically, it explains how social media, along with google, manipulate our feelings and thought patterns. I have read quite a bit about the big four and social media and quite frankly for some of the good that it has done, I think society would be way better off without social media.
    We watched "I'm Thinking of Ending Things", Charlie Kaufman's latest film, last night on Netflix. It probably shouldn't be watched by anyone under 60 years old. It is depressing and exhilarating at the same time, and is the usual Kaufman mind-bender.
    Last edited by X-man; 09-10-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)