Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

I don't have showtime. Bally I need you to watch Beerwars before AFO this year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Muskie View Post
    I've started Dexter and Arrested Development recently. Definitely enjoying both series.
    I don't understand why they only have the first 2 seasons of Dexter on streaming for Netflix...my wife and I started that series a couple weeks ago and now have to wait for the DVDs to arrive.

Season 3 starts tomorrow
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post
    I don't understand why they only have the first 2 seasons of Dexter on streaming for Netflix...my wife and I started that series a couple weeks ago and now have to wait for the DVDs to arrive.

Season 3 starts tomorrow
    Californiacation had the issue a while back. I guess that's just how Showtime structured their deal with Netflix.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Just watched "The Other Guys" last week...FREAKING HILARIOUS!

I have watched the first two seasons of Dexter on Netflix then luckily my roommate had seasons 3&4 on DVD. Just finished season 4 on Friday.

Today I had some free time and watched the documentary on soldiers in Afghanistan called Restrepo. That's a real interesting watch. I am a big fan of documentaries

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    Today I had some free time and watched the documentary on soldiers in Afghanistan called Restrepo. That's a real interesting watch. I am a big fan of documentaries
    You're aware that a director of that movie was recently killed in Libya? I figured that might have motivated your watching, but would be very topical if you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    You're aware that a director of that movie was recently killed in Libya? I figured that might have motivated your watching, but would be very topical if you didn't know.
    Oh wow I did not know that. I had heard of a director being recently killed in Libya, but I wasn't aware that was him. I was just looking through the documentaries and found this one. I am a big history buff. The documentary was really well done though

Quote Originally Posted by nkymuskie View Post
    I have watched the first two seasons of Dexter on Netflix then luckily my roommate had seasons 3&4 on DVD. Just finished season 4 on Friday.

If you like Restrepo, check out Gunners Palace (Iraq) and The Battle for Marjah (Afghan), which might be a HBO doc.

Quote Originally Posted by XU05and07 View Post

Season 3 starts tomorrow
    To get you to buy seasons three and four on DVD. My wife and I watched the first two seasons on Netflix when I was laid up after back surgery. She promptly went out and bought the other two to catch up.

Supporting Member
    The entire series of LOST is avialable if you have never seen it or want to watch it again.

This Film is not yet Rated is also another good documentary if you liked Beer Wars.

Weeds is another show on there that is a good watch if you have never seen it (after season 3 it begins a slow downward descent).

Also Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip is a solid show that only had 1 season (The first half is way better than the second half, you get the feeling they knew they were being canceled and mailed in the second half of the season).
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack