Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. One of the funniest things I've seen on Family Guy. And I've seen a lot of funny stuff on it...
    It was better than Cats. I want to see it again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC 08 View Post
    Saw that the first half of season 5 for Breaking Bad will begin to stream this weekend. Just in time to catch up before the last half begins.

SunDance channel is airing 4 seasons of Breaking Bad every Monday @ 11pm - 2 episodes each Monday I guess - set the dvr. Starts tonite.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    SunDance channel is airing 4 seasons of Breaking Bad every Monday @ 11pm - 2 episodes each Monday I guess - set the dvr. Starts tonite.
    Or for the price of 8 bucks you could watch the whole series right now on Netflix.

Not Netflix, but still throwback TV (and maybe on Netflix), The Hub is showing old Mork and Mindy episodes. Last night the first 4 episodes were on. It featured a "flashback/flashover" of Mork getting set up by the Fonz on a date with Laverne. 70's tv was effing weird.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Apparently this "Orange is the New Black" series is amazing, anyone getting into it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Apparently this "Orange is the New Black" series is amazing, anyone getting into it yet?
    Yes. It's really, really, really good. Also, lots of lesbian sex. Can never go wrong with that.

Sophomore
    I think it's incredibly overrated. It's basically just like Weeds (same creator). It's got an incredibly mediocre cast and really my brother described it best "it's a PG-13 version of Oz, people that can't handle Oz will love it."

Oz is one of my favorite shows of all time and at times this feels like a watered down ripoff. But Oz did literally everything better from stories to writing to character development to casting.

Granted I'm only 5 episodes in. I'll finish it in due time but I'm in no rush, there's a lot better TV out there right now...

That said if this is the worst thing Netflix ever does then we will all be VERY lucky, because then even at it's worst its still miles above most networks.

With Breaking Bad and Mad Men ending, how will AMC recover. It is the end of an era.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Muskie View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. One of the funniest things I've seen on Family Guy. And I've seen a lot of funny stuff on it...
    Ha, yeah. I do get sick of The Wire recommendations. IMHO, the love of The Wire partly stems from SWPL concerns about inner city issues. People want to signal that they care.

But when it comes down to it, I think it's overrated (and that's not to say it's bad....just saying it isn't the greatest show ever created).
    Last edited by GuyFawkes38; 08-11-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."