Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

I recently binged a series on FX called “Snowfall” about the start of the crack epidemic. It’s currently in its sixth and final season.

Jammin Jerome is one of my favorite characters ever.

I’ve also enjoyed “Your Honor” and “Succession” on HBO, Shrinking and Ted Lasso the on Apple TV the last couple months.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 04-02-2023 at 11:40 AM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I recently binged a series on FX called “Snowfall” about the start of the crack epidemic. It’s currently in its sixth and final season.

Jammin Jerome is one of my favorite characters ever.

I’ve also enjoyed “Your Honor” and “Succession” on HBO, Shrinking and Ted Lasso the on Apple TV the last couple months.
    The seasons get better and better. Snowfall is outstanding!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The seasons get better and better. Snowfall is outstanding!
    It was a great find, one of those that made me think "how come I never heard of this show before". The executive producer was John Singleton (RIP) who directed Boys N The Hood.

Netflix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    It was a great find, one of those that made me think "how come I never heard of this show before". The executive producer was John Singleton (RIP) who directed Boys N The Hood.
    I’m nearing the end of Season 2 thanks to this thread….over and over again, I just keep saying to myself…”with the internet, how could I never have read or heard about this show?” Nothing. Seems impossible. Seriously…wtf?
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 04-10-2023 at 11:09 PM.

Thought the show about Nike, AIR, on Amazon was entertaining.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I thought Chimp Empire on Netflix was fascinating. It’s a docuseries about a civil war between two rival tribes of chimps in Uganda. It has been going on since 1993. The politics, hierarchy and grudges that define chimp communities was eye opening.

In full disclosure, my wife thought it was boring. She probably would have liked it better if it was a chimp dating show. Might be a candidate for a solo watch.
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I’m nearing the end of Season 2 thanks to this thread….over and over again, I just keep saying to myself…”with the internet, how could I never have read or heard about this show?” Nothing. Seems impossible. Seriously…wtf?
    Agreed!! 6 years/seasons of the show and I don't recall much of a lull in the action. Some shows have side stories that take up episodes and seem to go nowhere. I liked binging it, made it easier to follow the characters and the various storylines. I read on IMBD that Snowfall was considered a prologue to Boys N The Hood. The music, fashion, cars, were all true to the early 80's when the show was set.

This show should have been more widely acclaimed. If it was acclaimed, I missed it. My wife is big on Instagram and podcasts. She finds some great diamonds in the rough for us to watch. Snowfall was one of her better finds.

Most recently I have been watching Beef on Netflix (dark comedy), Fatal Attraction on Paramount Plus, and Jury Duty on Amazon Prime.

Beef was really good, just one season, and only 30 minute episodes.

Fatal Attraction loosely follows the movie, bounces around, can be tough to follow, but has been very good.

Jury Duty is a reality show about a jury and court proceedings, but all the folks in the show are actors except for one person. The one person is not in on the joke, and the hijinks played on him are hilarious. If you have seen the Joe Schmo show, it is very similar to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    I thought Chimp Empire on Netflix was fascinating. It’s a docuseries about a civil war between two rival tribes of chimps in Uganda. It has been going on since 1993. The politics, hierarchy and grudges that define chimp communities was eye opening.

In full disclosure, my wife thought it was boring. She probably would have liked it better if it was a chimp dating show. Might be a candidate for a solo watch.
    It’s all fun and games until YOU are the chimp pushed into his locker before lunch and they don’t hear you banging to get out until the 5th period!

I’m sorry, that might have been a flashback…..

I’m probably with your with on this one, but I can see how it could be fascinating.

Supporting Member
    Just finished season 2 of the bear. Holy crap what a show. May be in my top 3 of all time shows at this point. Simply incredible writing, acting, plot line, themes etc.