Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

Netflix Thread

With plenty of time to watch movies... what are you watching or streaming

I'd like to plug beer wars (currently available on instant queue). If you are into Craft Beer it is a must see.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Just watched Best in Show yesterday. It was always one of those movies that I meant to get around to but never did. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, probably becuase the anticipation had built for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    Just watched Best in Show yesterday. It was always one of those movies that I meant to get around to but never did. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, probably becuase the anticipation had built for so long.
    That's one of those movies that I would describe as "painfully funny." With that genre, you laugh but you also wince at the stupidity/awkwardness/etc.

I'm currently trying to watch/rewatch every James Bond movie. Unfortunately not every one is on Watch Instantly so I'm gonna have to buckle down and order the remaining ones by mail.

Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    I'm currently trying to watch/rewatch every James Bond movie. Unfortunately not every one is on Watch Instantly so I'm gonna have to buckle down and order the remaining ones by mail.
    I did that in high school and might try to do it again.

IMHO, the Bond series offers the very best of the action genre.

But it's also really cool to note the historical style and cultural changes as the series progressed.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes38 View Post
    I did that in high school and might try to do it again.

IMHO, the Bond series offers the very best of the action genre.

But it's also really cool to note the historical style and cultural changes as the series progressed.
    Indeed. It is interesting to note different cultural changes. Whether it is Bond getting facial reconstruction to "look Asian" (You Only Live Twice) or blatent themes of Blaxploitation (Live and Let Die), times have definitely changed. You could definitely make a college course in the study of Bond films and their cultural context.

Supporting Member Denver Muskie's Avatar
    I've started Dexter and Arrested Development recently. Definitely enjoying both series.

I actually enjoyed the Tudors series as well. Although I'm a history guy.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SixFig View Post
    Indeed. It is interesting to note different cultural changes. Whether it is Bond getting facial reconstruction to "look Asian" (You Only Live Twice) or blatent themes of Blaxploitation (Live and Let Die), times have definitely changed. You could definitely make a college course in the study of Bond films and their cultural context.
    That's what I like about GoldenEye - that was the first Bond movie filmed after the fall of the Soviet Union. It wasn't a coincidence that it was the first movie to actually be filmed in part in Russia (most notably St. Petersburg). It also gave us the first female M (aka the "beancounter" Judi Dench).

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I actually enjoyed the Tudors series as well. Although I'm a history guy.
    If you have Shotime, check out the Borgias
    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne

BeerBrunch.com for those who like to tip one back in the morning