Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

I’ve been on a binge streak these last couple weeks…not sure why…maybe it’s the weather…but I’ve watched some pretty entertaining series. All on Netflix.

Squid Game — very entertaining and binge worthy. Most here have probably already seen it. I was late to the game on it. If you can, I would watch it in a Korean and do English subtitles. The dubbing is brutal.

Midnight Mass — starts a little slow, but I liked it. Interesting premise. May not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Archive 81 — I liked this one very much. Another unique story.

Hellbound — I’m 4 episodes into this 6 episode series. Whoa!! I have no idea what the hell is going on…but it’s crazy. Another Korean show.

Just a head’s up…Midnight Madness and Hellbound deal with Christian fanaticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I’ve been on a binge streak these last couple weeks…not sure why…maybe it’s the weather…but I’ve watched some pretty entertaining series. All on Netflix.

Squid Game — very entertaining and binge worthy. Most here have probably already seen it. I was late to the game on it. If you can, I would watch it in a Korean and do English subtitles. The dubbing is brutal.

Midnight Mass — starts a little slow, but I liked it. Interesting premise. May not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Hellbound — I’m 4 episodes into this 6 episode series. Whoa!! I have no idea what the hell is going on…but it’s crazy. Another Korean show.

Midnight mass is most def not about Christian fanaticism. If anything it’s a lesson about false gods and false prophets.

Supporting Member

Squid game was awesome!

Not Netflix, but Hulu…..highly recommend yellowjackets…very lord of the flies. Christina Ricci and Juliette lewis are outstanding in it

Quote Originally Posted by XUBANDGRAD View Post
    Midnight mass is most def not about Christian fanaticism. If anything it’s a lesson about false gods and false prophets.
    They were Catholic and they were fanatical to the point they did some pretty awful things in the name of God…so there’s that.

If you have HBO Max, I can’t recommend Peacemaker enough. Cena is fantastic. It’s hilarious, lots of action…and if you have an affinity for late 80’s hair bands, the sound track will blow you away.

Mare Of Eastown is solid too.

On Amazon Prime, Reacher and The Boys are both very entertaining.

Hey, guys. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and support during the in game thread after my dad passed. I did t have a chance to respond because I was at the hospital with my mom for 9 days after he passed. Was not fun.

Again…not Netflix. But can’t recommend Winning Time enough on HBO. I can’t believe how well done it is. Can probably pencil in John C. Reilly as next year’s best actor. And I think a bunch of the cast could be nominated. The guy they found to play Magic? Wow. Then there are the characters that play Kareem, Jerry West, Paul Westhead and Buss’ mom (Sally Field). Just better than I could have imagined. If you have HBO and are especially in that 45-70 age group, you will enjoy and remember.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Hey, guys. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and support during the in game thread after my dad passed. I did t have a chance to respond because I was at the hospital with my mom for 9 days after he passed. Was not fun.

Again…not Netflix. But can’t recommend Winning Time enough on HBO. I can’t believe how well done it is. Can probably pencil in John C. Reilly as next year’s best actor. And I think a bunch of the cast could be nominated. The guy they found to play Magic? Wow. Then there are the characters that play Kareem, Jerry West, Paul Westhead and Buss’ mom (Sally Field). Just better than I could have imagined. If you have HBO and are especially in that 45-70 age group, you will enjoy and remember.
    My dad is 58 and LOVES it. I am 36 and plan to watch it, but probably wont have as great an appreciation for it.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Again…not Netflix. But can’t recommend Winning Time enough on HBO. I can’t believe how well done it is. Can probably pencil in John C. Reilly as next year’s best actor.
    Winning Time is GREAT! They show a lot of great nudity, which is always a plus.

Another HBO show I have been watching is The Invisible Pilot. It is fascinating.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Just watched the first episode of The Terminal List on Amazon Prime. I can’t say if the entire season is going to be good…but the first episode? Holy shit!! Super intense and I have no idea what the hell is going on. I’m definitely all in at this point. If it starts sucking, I’ll update. But that first episode…whoa.

Supporting Member
    Extremely late to the game on this one, but just finished the first season of Stranger Things...Awesome! Really excited to see where it goes next.