Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Really enjoyed the queens gambit and the haunting of bly manor, both on netflix.bly manor is not everyone's cup of tea...it is in the realm of american horror story. Queens gambit was really enjoyable...young girl's mom is killed in a car wreck so with no one to watch her, she gets sent to an orphanage where she befriends the custodian who teaches her chess. I'll leave it at that. It's extremely enjoyable!
    My wife has been watching the Queen's Gambit. She started it without me, but I've caught some episodes I really enjoy and will go back to catch up.

Queens gambit was really enjoyable...
    Agree. Was very well done.
    Looking forward to the next Goliath on Prime.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    It is pretty accurate. However a better film on the subject, IMHO, is "The Chicago Ten" (2007). Definitely worth a watch if you can find it.
    Good movie. The 7 are a bunch of pinkos tho...:).

Not exactly NetFlix (loved Bloodline, Ozark), but for those that miss Anthony Bourdain's shows, there is a poor man's version (without the culinary aspect) on YouTube.

Bald and Bankrupt:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxD...Fvn0FDHT6kmoXA

I've been watching this guy's channel sporadically throughout the current election craziness and pandemic. The host is multi-lingual (if uncertain, he tries), fearless, and makes a point to visit areas which ARE NOT tourists attractions (Europe, Asia, South America, etc). He also has a solid background in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    The lines come at you so fast...there were references to Fletch, Night Court and Back To The Future.

“Ronald Reagan? The actor?” Just so well written and acted. Apple TV currently has a free 7 day trial. So worth it to take advantage and watch Ted Lasso.
    I enjoyed Ted Lasso so much thanks!

I also loved the Allen Iverson “practice” rant. I went back and watched the iverson press conference and I laughed so hard. Well done indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I enjoyed Ted Lasso so much thanks!
    Apple has already renewed Ted Lasso for two more seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    Watched The Dirt last night...it is the biopic on Motley Crue. If you are a big Motley Crue Fan, I bet you will love it. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but do like a few of their songs. I wouldn't say the movie digs deep...it kinda just sits there on the surface of sex, drugs and rock n roll, but it was entertaining. Worth a watch.

Supporting Member
    Late to the game here and not Netflix, but the wife and I just finished the morning show...wow. Not sure how they are going to move forward in the 2nd season but the first season was incredible.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Apple has already renewed Ted Lasso for two more seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s great. I’m about 5 or 6 episodes in and loving it.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Late to the game here and not Netflix, but the wife and I just finished the morning show...wow. Not sure how they are going to move forward in the 2nd season but the first season was incredible.
    Yeah that’s was really good.

Have you watched “The Servant” on Apple TV? Season 2 just came out and I’m excited to start that. Weird creepy show but good.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17