35. You may not vote on this poll
  • UConn

12 34.29%
  • Butler

23 65.71%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UConn vs Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Muskied View Post
    Maybe a bit of Jealousy, but it is what it is at this point, which is ultimately good for teams like Xavier...not to mention, ESPN is going to explode.

Honestly, I think Butler wins tonight, and it's not close....Like a 69-55 cruising.
    You can't be serious. You want to give me UConn +13.5?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    Some are going to agree with this statement and probably many won't. But it seems like to me, many of the reasons we root against Butler or don't want Butler to win center on the fact that we are a little jealous of their success and that they got over the Final Four hump before we did, and did it with a lesser program, lesser facilities, less money, less highly-regarded recruits and in a lesser conference. Really, what they have done these past 2 seasons is pretty remarkable and I have to give credit where credit is due. Stevens is a great coach and win or lose tonight that program and school have a lot to be proud of. We talk a lot on here about how much we love Xavier for doing things the "right way." Well, it seems Butler does those things pretty well too and though I wish it was XU in this game as the standard bearer for all non-Big 6 teams, I am okay with it being Butler and will be rooting for them tonight.
    Its not just Xavier jealous of Butler- almost every program in the country should be. Back to Back NC games and possibly winning one of them? Yeah, almost every program is jealous

Mike Vick going to be present at the game? I hear tonight is going to be a dog fight
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Let's go butler!!!!!

Well, about 12 minutes in and so far this is one crappy National Championship game. These teams look like they're trying to shoot into Dixie cups. I hope this picks up.

Definitely ugly. Both sides are playing awfully well on the defensive end.

UConn's issue is that everyone on their team not named Kemba Walker isn't very good, and Butler is making sure two guys are on Kemba whenever he makes a move. Kemba's gonna need some help, and the stiffs on his team aren't providing any yet.

Still can't believe this is the National Championship match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Definitely ugly. Both sides are playing awfully well on the defensive end.

UConn's issue is that everyone on their team not named Kemba Walker isn't very good, and Butler is making sure two guys are on Kemba whenever he makes a move. Kemba's gonna need some help, and the stiffs on his team aren't providing any yet.
    Lamb is very good. Problem is, he got into foul trouble even earlier than Kemba. Mack's shot at the buzzer was literally the only highlight of the half. I'm about to change the channel to Dancing with the Kardashians or whatever the other networks are showing. Has to be more bearable than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    Some are going to agree with this statement and probably many won't. But it seems like to me, many of the reasons we root against Butler or don't want Butler to win center on the fact that we are a little jealous of their success and that they got over the Final Four hump before we did, and did it with a lesser program, lesser facilities, less money, less highly-regarded recruits and in a lesser conference. Really, what they have done these past 2 seasons is pretty remarkable and I have to give credit where credit is due. Stevens is a great coach and win or lose tonight that program and school have a lot to be proud of. We talk a lot on here about how much we love Xavier for doing things the "right way." Well, it seems Butler does those things pretty well too and though I wish it was XU in this game as the standard bearer for all non-Big 6 teams, I am okay with it being Butler and will be rooting for them tonight.
    I think the majority of the people on this board want Butler to win. And 65% have picked them to win. I think you are focusing too much on the minority. Hell I can tell you most on this board hate UC and Dayton a hell of a lot more than Butler. I have no problem with Butler at all. They are classy, they play hard, they are not cocky and they play within the rules. They don't claim to have the best fans in the world (Dayton) and they don't scream about 1961 (UC).

I win an extra $100 on the tiebreaker in the office pool if the total score is under 146. I like my chances 20 minutes in. At this pace, they'd need about 6 overtimes to hit 146.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick