Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Dayton Coaching Search

I see this morning they are targeting Randy Bennett.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Looks like GT had to pay 350k to UD for the buyout.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    A 50 year old dude from the left coast? Just on the surface it seems to be a big drop off from the recruiting standpoint. I don't know much about him, but he seems to have lived a vast majority of his basketball life West of the Rockies. He might be able to coach...but he would have to load his staff with some guys who have some Midwest connections.
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Delkus View Post
    A 50 year old dude from the left coast? Just on the surface it seems to be a big drop off from the recruiting standpoint. I don't know much about him, but he seems to have lived a vast majority of his basketball life West of the Rockies. He might be able to coach...but he would have to load his staff with some guys who have some Midwest connections.
    Yeah. I'm not sure I follow the logic either. But who knows. It's clear they didn't have a guy waiting in the wings (something X has been very fortunate to have the past two times).

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I hope they hire someone over 5 foot...test the creativity of the Xavier faithful
    "Play hard. Play Smart. Play Together. Pride on 3. 1...2...3...Pride"

"There is a bat in the house...I fled" - Biggie

Looks like GT had to pay 350k to UD for the buyout.
    That's ALL??? Wow. Considering it was such a lengthy contract I would have guessed the buyout to be more than that.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Delkus View Post
    Saint Mary's recruits from pretty much all over the world. Literally. They really don't have a recruiting base.

I love Randy Bennett as a coach. I have a completely different take. He doesn't rely on recruiting services or anything like that. He knows what he wants to do, and goes after the players that will help him do it, and pretty much gets the players he wants. To me, that is the definition of a good recruiter. Someone who knows what they want, and gets it, even if what they want isn't always covered by recruiting services and scouts.

That being said, why go to Dayton?? He's got a pretty good thing going where he is.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Never mind, I see his recruiting style.

Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Paul Hewitt is available.
    X A V I E R

Yeah, like THAT will happen.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell