Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    You can tell the seasons are over when we start talking about the rep system and stuff like that.
    Yes, but the season to make the 2012 XH Madness bracket has just begun

Yes, but if we want XH Madness to be in February again (so it doesn't distract us from the real March Madness) then the teams, I mean posters, need ample time to assemble their 'body of work' to make their cases to the selection committee.

Speaking of - I got 25 rep points on the South Dakota State forum this week, can I claim those rep points as part of my Out of Conference Posting, uhm, I mean Scheduling.

But remember, MichiganMuskie is the commish for that, it's up to him to make the rules, and determines what passes the eye test for the selection committee.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Yes, but if we want XH Madness to be in February again (so it doesn't distract us from the real March Madness) then the teams, I mean posters, need ample time to assemble their 'body of work' to make their cases to the selection committee.

Speaking of - I got 25 rep points on the South Dakota State forum this week, can I claim those rep points as part of my Out of Conference Posting, uhm, I mean Scheduling.

But remember, MichiganMuskie is the commish for that, it's up to him to make the rules, and determines what passes the eye test for the selection committee.
    I would like my 9 SDSU OOC Rep Points counted as well, darn it. Those JackRabbit points were tough to come by.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I tok a gander at the vBulletin manual (it's onliine)

Not a in depth reading, just a scan over. I didn't see a setting for how many reps = 1 pip. But I found it curious the default factory reputation scale maxes out at 2,000. I think it's safe to assume there are several of us that have far exceeded that. (The scale controls the humurous little messages that appear when you hover over a users reputation), there appear to be a set number of tiers, but an admin can change the text of the message and the thresholds for each message. Don't know if that controls the reps/pips ratio)

As for our other common question, just how much spreading around do you have to do, thats an admin settable option. There is apparently a limit on how much repping you can do even if you do spread it around a lot (also selectable). (All ways to help prevent cheating)

As for how many rep points you giveth or taketh away from a user, it appears that board seniority (you earn X number of power points every Y days - admin settable) , post count (you earn X number of power points for every Y posts), and reputation received (you get X power points for every Y rep points) all factor in. Then certain user classes can be afforded a set power point bonus. A lot of settings options there. The gray dots as we have figured out come from users that haven't met the post count/rep count/seniority dats minimums, all admin selectable.

Seems like a heck of a lot of options for a fluff feature.

Are you an admitted Rep Wh___ if you look into how the Rep system works? If you want to play the game, you got to know the rules.
    Correctamundo.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I've messed with the ranges a little. Still eXperimenting
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'm also playing with the User Titles under your forum name.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'm debating resetting reputation... thoughts or comments?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TPH2011 View Post
    Yes, but the season to make the 2012 XH Madness bracket has just begun
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I'm debating resetting reputation... thoughts or comments?
    You mean all those hard earned points from the last month of avatars are going away and don't even count for the 2012 XHoops bracket? Little suckers didn't even help the teams in the end.

Ugh. I'm not even going to make the 2012 field. My best work comes in February/March after the field is set.

Ha.... i hadn't considered the effect it would have on the 2012 Rep bracket.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Ha.... i hadn't considered the effect it would have on the 2012 Rep bracket.
    Perhaps the dots change colors as you reach certain levels. Green to 1000, then yellow after that until 5000 until you reach 100000 when the dots turn Muskie blue.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!