Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Wish they had. I wanted UC to win that game and keep overrated UConn from even sniffing the bubble.
    Hopefully UCon will get their comeuppance vs Temple

Actually I don't know who to root for/against in that schlocky league. A mess of mediocrity.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I really don't think he traveled, at least not in a way that ever gets called in any game. He is in motion when he catches the ball. They never seem to count that first foot that touches when you are coming down with the ball. He then plants his right foot, and launches off the left foot. If you are going to call that a blatant travel, then there is almost no way to legally receive a pass while in motion as you would need to release the ball from your hand before first foot down comes up.

Also, lost on Mick is 1) the screen clock is not the game clock. 2) the game clock read 1.0 when Johnsons shot went through the rim. 3) he is a whiny little bitch. Play defense, and there is no way that shot has a chance.

Mick has really amped up the bitching lately. He sucks so bad.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I really don't think he traveled, at least not in a way that ever gets called in any game. He is in motion when he catches the ball. They never seem to count that first foot that touches when you are coming down with the ball. He then plants his right foot, and launches off the left foot. If you are going to call that a blatant travel, then there is almost no way to legally receive a pass while in motion as you would need to release the ball from your hand before first foot down comes up.

Also, lost on Mick is 1) the screen clock is not the game clock. 2) the game clock read 1.0 when Johnsons shot went through the rim. 3) he is a whiny little bitch. Play defense, and there is no way that shot has a chance.

Mick has really amped up the bitching lately. He sucks so bad.
    He took 2 full steps without ever dribbling the basketball. You arent even supposed to be allowed to take 1 step without dribbling.

But I agree its all moot if they play D.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    He took 2 full steps without ever dribbling the basketball. You arent even supposed to be allowed to take 1 step without dribbling.

But I agree its all moot if they play D.
    At most he took one step. He lands left, then right, then launches off his left. If you read the traveling rule, im really not sure that is a travel. He's allowed to leave his pivot foot in the motion of shooting. Regardless, it's consistent with how a player in motion receiving a pass is always called.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    At most he took one step. He lands left, then right, then launches off his left. If you read the traveling rule, im really not sure that is a travel. He's allowed to leave his pivot foot in the motion of shooting. Regardless, it's consistent with how a player in motion receiving a pass is always called.
    Just watched again thinking maybe I missed it and watched in slow motion. He catches the ball and starts his motion toward half court with left foot as his pivot foot, steps with right (which he'd be able to do if he didnt then lift his left) and then steps with left as well. Clear travel, you cant catch a ball and take any steps without dribbling no matter how you receive the pass. As you said he catches on his left and then launches from his left, he has to take 2 steps to be able to do that (Right then left).

What will really give it away is pausing it where he catches the ball just barely behind the 3 point line. Then pause at where he jumps to heave the ball, it is well behind where an NBA 3 point line would be. He moved several feet without taking a dribble. No way around that being a travel.

Anyway glad they didnt call it and UC suffered as a result. And I agree Mick is a cry baby, I think most would be on the losing end of that play but because he is constantly being a cry baby it rings kind of hollow coming from him.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Kahns is right on this one. You are allowed a pivot and a step when taking a shot, regardless of whether it is a layup or a half court heave. (Or 2 steps if you want to consider the pivot a step). He starts with his left foot on the ground, pivots onto his right, and then takes his step onto his left again when he heaves the shot. It is not a travel until his right foot hits the ground again. Even Cronin was emphatic that it was not a travel on his radio show last night.

The timing is an entirely other issue. Can that all happen in .8 seconds? Regardless of whether it can physically happen or not, I think we have all seen more egregious clock issues!

The time is definitely the question. I've always heard that it takes 0.3-0.4 seconds to catch and shoot. Can he really do all that extra stuff in 0.4-0.5 seconds? Oh well. It was crazy awesome, even if the loser wasn't UC.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the time is very questionable as well.

Fair enough on the "travel" If multiple people are saying what he did was within the rules I am surely wrong (wont be the first or last time). I had no idea you could move so far and take 2 steps on a catch without ever dribbling and that be ok. Learn something new everyday.

Mick was on with Mo Egger last night and Mack was on later. I didn't get a chance to listen to Mack but Mick is douche bag. He was saying his team could have been 28-4 this year instead of 22-10 because of their close losses. Mick stated they should have beaten Iowa State, Butler, and Tulsa. Mick also said had they beaten UCONN, UC would have definitely won the tournament. Really? Really?

Mick doesn't seem to understand it is not what you could have done, it's what you actually did. He's pathetic. He is a joke.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Mick was on with Mo Egger last night and Mack was on later. I didn't get a chance to listen to Mack but Mick is douche bag. He was saying his team could have been 28-4 this year instead of 22-10 because of their close losses. Mick stated they should have beaten Iowa State, Butler, and Tulsa. Mick also said had they beaten UCONN, UC would have definitely won the tournament. Really? Really?

Mick doesn't seem to understand it is not what you could have done, it's what you actually did. He's pathetic. He is a joke.
    Sippin Mick refuses to acknowledge that his terrible offense schematics and inability to draw up a play that actually works...other than just putting the ball in Caupain's hands to dribble, hope and throw up a prayer, made a difference in why SucKS lost all those games. Hell, they even got shot clock violations out of time outs!!!

The guy's whole theme of scoring is "turn the opposition over and get layups" or "throw bricks up at the rim and have big dudes rebound and stuff back in". That truly is it. His team's make my eyes bleed...and Tardy Turtles' postings during the SucKS /UCon game were classic.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell