Page 15 of 118 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    This thread certainly has taken a hilarious turn.

UC gets a Big win over Marquette, on Senior night, and this dude runs to the Xavier board to talk smack until 12:30 about how much money he alleges to make upon graduation?

I guess that's what all the 'top' engineering students do? They seek out a rival message board to get into a back-and-forth that culminates in the internet version of 'my Dad can beat up your Dad'.

I guess engineering students need to get out more.
    Eat Donuts!

Oh great! xubball93 and boozehound have probably made cinbcat cry for talking smack about his "personal" education (whatever that is). Although, to be fair, boozehound was really talking about the general education, so maybe that's okay. I'm not really sure as cinbcat seems to be making up the rules as we go along.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by cinbcat12 View Post
    At what point did I tell you when and about what you are allowed to talk smack? I just said if you're going to make an argument, have some support for it. Example: I haven't said UC is better than X this season.. Why? X beat UC by 23 points. But I can say we have had a better season overall.. Why? I think we all know why. Another example: I haven't said that X students should regret not going to UC. Why? Because X is stronger in some areas than UC, just as UC is stronger than X in some areas, engineering being one obviously, which led to my response to your attack on my PERSONAL education. Make sense now?
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    No. It doesn't. Can you explain it to me again since you're going to be making so much money in a job you secured back in November?
    Quote Originally Posted by cinbcat12 View Post
    Hey, at least you were paying attention to that part.
    So, you are or are not going to explain it again? Please pay particular attention to the part I've highlighted above because I would love to hear how X is the better team but UC is having the better season. I put it in red so it would help you. I'd really love to hear your $65,000/year personal education reasoning on how that is even possible.

On a side note, I watched the UC game last night and I remember seeing a young man in the student section wearing a green sweatshirt with horses on it. My husband and I both commented on what kind of college student wears such a sweatshirt, but I'm beginning to piece these clues together, if you know what I mean.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

So, you are or are not going to explain it again? Please pay particular attention to the part I've highlighted above because I would love to hear how X is the better team but UC is having the better season. I put it in red so it would help you. I'd really love to hear your $65,000/year personal education reasoning on how that is even possible.

On a side note, I watched the UC game last night and I remember seeing a young man in the student section wearing a green sweatshirt with horses on it. My husband and I both commented on what kind of college student wears such a sweatshirt, but I'm beginning to piece these clues together, if you know what I mean.
    Both teams have gone in different directions since Dec 10. XU was the better team on that day but I think it is fairly tough to argue that XU has had a better season overall than UC.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by LazelleDurden View Post
    Both teams have gone in different directions since Dec 10. XU was the better team on that day but I think it is fairly tough to argue that XU has had a better season overall than UC.
    Since UC has loaded up on cupcakes since the XU game and plays in the BE, it is impossible to say UC has been a better team than XU since the shootout. We do know that XU was the better team when the two played this year.

I'd imagine a much closer margin if the two played but UC has lost to S. Florida and St. John's at home since that game so they are not exactly world beaters. XU is still the better team, they just did not inflate their win total with cupcakes like UC did.

Oh great! xubball93 and boozehound have probably made cinbcat cry for talking smack about his "personal" education (whatever that is). Although, to be fair, boozehound was really talking about the general education, so maybe that's okay. I'm not really sure as cinbcat seems to be making up the rules as we go along.
    I'm still trying to find out where anybody insulted this guys education. The closest thing that I can find is LadyMuskie saying that she is going to use small words so he can understand them. Dude then fires back with "how dare you trash my education I am an engineering student and I am going to make $65K per year". Big deal. Nobody said anything about how much money anybody made. It's also irrelevant to any discussion of educational quality.

This whole posting pattern reeks of loneliness and insecurity. Maybe we should just cut this guy some slack. After all, he is posting on our message board at Midnight on Wednesday after a UC win over 7th ranked Marquette. When I was in college I would have been at a bar or something celebrating with my friends. Not talking smack on the internet.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by _LH View Post
    Since UC has loaded up on cupcakes since the XU game and plays in the BE, it is impossible to say UC has been a better team than XU since the shootout. We do know that XU was the better team when the two played this year.

I'd imagine a much closer margin if the two played but UC has lost to S. Florida and St. John's at home since that game so they are not exactly world beaters. XU is still the better team, they just did not inflate their win total with cupcakes like UC did.
    I really hate to say this, but tt seems fairly clear to me that UC has had a better team since the shootout, particularly in the last ten games or so. You can definitely point to some bad losses but they have some very good wins, most recently last night against a top 10 Marquette team.

If you take 10 totally objective people and show them every Xavier game since the shootout and every UC game since the shootout, in order, and ask them which team is better I'll bet they all say UC.
    Eat Donuts!

cinbcat, this thread was started because I hate Mick Cronin and UC. If you think that you are defending UC with your pointless trolling after a big win, then I feel sorry for whatever company decided you were worth $65k.

I don't care if you went to Harvard, if you're chest thumping about how much you make, you're a tool. You are the type of person that is at the top of the list when companies go to make layoffs, and then you act surprised when you get cut. Much like Mick, you will blame everyone but yourself.

You are a perfect example of why I hate Mick Cronin and UC. Thanks for illustrating my point for me.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I really hate to say this, but tt seems fairly clear to me that UC has had a better team since the shootout,
    That may be true, but that's not what this thread is about. I hate Mick and UC if they are 0-30, and I'll hate them if they are national champions.

I also now hate cincat, because he is a tool.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I really hate to say this, but tt seems fairly clear to me that UC has had a better team since the shootout, particularly in the last ten games or so. You can definitely point to some bad losses but they have some very good wins, most recently last night against a top 10 Marquette team.

If you take 10 totally objective people and show them every Xavier game since the shootout and every UC game since the shootout, in order, and ask them which team is better I'll bet they all say UC.
    Obviously I disagree and most intelligent folk would as well. UC inflated their win total by playing teams like Arkansas Pine Bluff. They lost to some pretty crappy and ordinarly BE teams. We really don't know how good the BE is anyway. I would expect XU to have the same record as UC does against their schedule.