Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    I, for one, am so glad that cinbcat is here to teach us how to be better people, to school us on basketball and to let us know when and about what we are allowed to talk smack. Hooray! Apparently, ESPN's sanctimony is rubbing off on its favorite league's fans. We're so lucky.
    At what point did I tell you when and about what you are allowed to talk smack? I just said if you're going to make an argument, have some support for it. Example: I haven't said UC is better than X this season.. Why? X beat UC by 23 points. But I can say we have had a better season overall.. Why? I think we all know why. Another example: I haven't said that X students should regret not going to UC. Why? Because X is stronger in some areas than UC, just as UC is stronger than X in some areas, engineering being one obviously, which led to my response to your attack on my PERSONAL education. Make sense now?

Quote Originally Posted by cinbcat12 View Post
    Still young, have a lot to "figure out" I'm sure. Point was, don't act like your Xavier education is superior to my UC education. If you're going to argue, at least make a good point and don't just say things to trash UC when you have no basis at all. My comment about XAVIER BEATING UC has turned into me needing you to type slower (yeah... that has no impact on the final post once you hit "Submit Reply", I'm just saying...) and apparently regretting not going to Xavier.. and for what reason? Beats me.
    This is almost too easy. Really. You're in way over your head. If you're going to come on this board as a UC fan and try to talk smack, then you need to be ready to talk smack. Otherwise, go back to watching Transformers in your mom's basement and leave the smack to the big girls and boys.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

At what point did I tell you when and about what you are allowed to talk smack? I just said if you're going to make an argument, have some support for it. Example: I haven't said UC is better than X this season.. Why? X beat UC by 23 points. But I can say we have had a better season overall.. Why? I think we all know why. Another example: I haven't said that X students should regret not going to UC. Why? Because X is stronger in some areas than UC, just as UC is stronger than X in some areas, engineering being one obviously, which led to my response to your attack on my PERSONAL education. Make sense now?
    No. It doesn't. Can you explain it to me again since you're going to be making so much money in a job you secured back in November?
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

This is almost too easy. Really. You're in way over your head. If you're going to come on this board as a UC fan and try to talk smack, then you need to be ready to talk smack. Otherwise, go back to watching Transformers in your mom's basement and leave the smack to the big girls and boys.
    Not a big Transformers fan, and I'd much rather enjoy a movie in my own apartment. I appreciate the suggestion though! :)

No. It doesn't. Can you explain it to me again since you're going to be making so much money in a job you secured back in November?
    Hey, at least you were paying attention to that part.

Walk-On
    Tu's bark proved to be much more than his bite. It must have really affected big Kenny in regard to team unity when after the Yates right hand and the cowardly kick by whats his name, Kennys teammates responded so meekly. Once a bully gets exposes, they're never quite the same again.
    Air Watson member.
    Wise man once said, don't let your mouth write a check that YOUR BODY CAN'T CASH !

Quote Originally Posted by bigOavg3dbl View Post
    Tu's bark proved to be much more than his bite. It must have really affected big Kenny in regard to team unity when after the Yates right hand and the cowardly kick by whats his name, Kennys teammates responded so meekly. Once a bully gets exposes, they're never quite the same again.
    Are you calling Kenny Frease a bully?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

The Big East is not overrated at all. And by saying that, I'm not saying the Big East is the best conference in basketball. It isn't this year. And I haven't seen too many people feel that way around the nation. For most of the season it has been Syracuse then everyone else.
    From 2011, and the league is not as strong this year.

Of the Big East’s record 11 teams in the tournament, only two survived — and both are suspect because they beat Big East teams to get there. No. 11-seed Marquette beat No. 3 Syracuse and No. 3 Connecticut beat No. 6 Cincinnati.

With five Top-4 seeded teams among the 11, the Big East is 9-8 overall in the tournament and 7-7 against outside competition. Four of the victories are over No. 16 UNC-Asheville, No. 15 Akron, No. 14 Indiana State and No. 14 Bucknell. Two others came against No. 11 Missouri (Cincinnati) and no. 12 Clemson (West Virginia).

So after three rounds of the NCAA tournament, the Big East has one game it can hang its hat on — No. 11 Marquette’s 66-55 upset of No. 6 Xavier. See how good the Big East is? It’s 11th-place team can beat the Atlantic 10’s best team.

Yep, that's not being over rated at all.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    From 2011, and the league is not as strong this year.

Of the Big East’s record 11 teams in the tournament, only two survived — and both are suspect because they beat Big East teams to get there. No. 11-seed Marquette beat No. 3 Syracuse and No. 3 Connecticut beat No. 6 Cincinnati.

With five Top-4 seeded teams among the 11, the Big East is 9-8 overall in the tournament and 7-7 against outside competition. Four of the victories are over No. 16 UNC-Asheville, No. 15 Akron, No. 14 Indiana State and No. 14 Bucknell. Two others came against No. 11 Missouri (Cincinnati) and no. 12 Clemson (West Virginia).

So after three rounds of the NCAA tournament, the Big East has one game it can hang its hat on — No. 11 Marquette’s 66-55 upset of No. 6 Xavier. See how good the Big East is? It’s 11th-place team can beat the Atlantic 10’s best team.

Yep, that's not being over rated at all.
    Sorry, I thought it was very obvious that I was talking about THIS SEASON.

And your National Champs last year were from the Big East, enough said... how is UCONN's path to the championship suspect because they beat UC?? So are we saying UCONN was undeserving having swept through the Big East Tourney and 6 games in the NCAA's just because they had to play UC?

To be overrated you would have to be given more credit than deserved. As I already said, no one is praising the Big East like it's the top conference this year. That would be the Big Ten sir. One thing we can all hopefully agree on is that it is light years ahead of your A-10, always have and always will be.

Point was, don't act like your Xavier education is superior to my UC education.
    My Xavier education is absolutely superior to your uc kindergarten.