Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    You have to look at other teams as well when determining seeds. Other possible six seeds like West Virginia, St. John's, UCLA, UC, Kansas State, and Georgetown have lost early as well. It would've been nice to win today and gain some leverage but a six is still very possible.
    "It's winning time"~Jason Love

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    6 possibly most likely a 7. If a 7 gets a closer to home so our fans can get there I'm all for it. We can beat anybody in the field if we play hard for 40 minutes.
    I just want the best matchups. Sure it would be nice if we got Chicago, Cleveland and maybe DC, but if we got shipped to Tuscon and got favorable matchups I won't complain. If we fall to a 7 seed I want BYU to be the 2 seed in our region.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mack_Pack View Post
    You have to look at other teams as well when determining seeds. Other possible six seeds like West Virginia, St. John's, UCLA, UC, Kansas State, and Georgetown have lost early as well. It would've been nice to win today and gain some leverage but a six is still very possible.
    Yeah I think losing today probably brought back one of those teams to the 5 line, dropped us to a 6 and I don't think losing to Dayton is bad enough to fall 2 seed lines (obviously assuming we were a 5 going into today)

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    I think he is trying to say that if teams get a bye usually the team who didn't (get the bye) plays the day before.
    This is what I meant. Back to selling fish.
    It's time for a bourbon on the rocks!

This is not an excuse, but for those that constantly remind us that there is no such thing as A10 refs, I will just say Joe DeMayo seemed to find his way to Atlantic City today. Thats after 3 refs quiit the Big East tourney. And for the record, he's awful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1757Williams View Post
    What I think the A10 should do in regards to the format: since the opening round games are all played at the same time, they should not be slotted into second round games, sort of like the NFL. Instead, the #1 seed would get the worst seeded team, or St. Joes vs. X.
    This is the kind of logical thinking the A-10 would never allow.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Dang you guys are confident. I don't think its possible we get a 6 after bowing out to Dayton.
    Just found out that Xavier is a 6 seed in DC. They were going to make them the lowest 5 seed in Tucson but did Xavier a favor and made Xavier the highest rated 6 seed closer to home. That works for me. I wanted Chicago but it would be harder to get tics up there. On to DC which is good since that was where Xavier started their last elite 8 run.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mack_Pack View Post
    Georgetown is a 10, St. John's a 7, UCLA a 5, UC a 9, K State a 7 and West Virginia is an 8.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Georgetown is a 10, St. John's a 7, UCLA a 5, UC a 9, K State a 7 and West Virginia is an 8.
    If these end up being correct your credibility will skyrocket

Sophomore
    I thought the reason for not playing the opening round games in Atlantic City was attendance. Not many people want to watch teams from the bottom of the conference battle each other.