Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What does everyone here do for a living?

Since we have a networking board now (Thanks Muskie!) I thought that it might be good for us to post a little bit about our careers for the benefit of other posters who may be in the same field/industry and want to network, as well as the students who may want to reach out to a fellow posters to get information about a particular job field. I know that I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do when I was an undergraduate student!

I'll start:

I work in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry doing Sales and Shopper Insights work for a global beverage company. I have about 3 years of experience in that field. Previously I spent about 3 years in the banking industry doing both Sales and Credit Analysis. I have an undergrad degree from Xavier in Finance (minor in IT) and will finish my MBA at Xavier (marketing concentration) in May.

I love to network with anyone out there who works in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, or any students who are considering working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry. Just send me a PM.
    Eat Donuts!

I sell crack cocaine to inner city youth. I give it out for free at playgrounds and I wait for the kids that come back. The kids that come back are the ones you want. It is a great Multi-Level marketing opportunity and if anyone wants a franchise hit me up with some reps and I will set you up with a base account for the school children in your own community. Great perks and benefits and the time off is the whip. It's changed my life. The money you can make in this field is only limited to your own ambition.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I buy crack cocaine from a shady gentleman who calls himself "Snipe."

Trophy husband.

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Trophy husband.
    I am working towards that.

I currently sell IT equipment to the Federal Government.

xu95

I keep Xavier students and Alumni comfortably numb.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    In this thread, the posts from the Far East bots are very apropos.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I keep Xavier students and Alumni comfortably numb.
    First of all, this is the clearest mission statement of any that has been or ever will be posted here.
    X A V I E R

Junior
    I'm a software engineer for an online retail company in Seattle. If there are any smart software developers or business/MBA-type folks who want a job in Seattle, let me know. It's extremely rare that we're not hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I'm a software engineer for an online retail company in Seattle. If there are any smart software developers or business/MBA-type folks who want a job in Seattle, let me know. It's extremely rare that we're not hiring.
    Really cool. That's my favorite company in the world and I bet a lot of others too. No doubt about it, the company has made my life better.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."